Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! Thanks for reading!

So I was riding and she spuddered out on me. And fuel was dumping out the exhaust pipes and what seemed like everywhere. Got it towed home.

The bracket that holds the pump and filter had come lose and the pump and filter slid down. I fixed that.

When the key is on the pump runs and it hydro locks the engine. I have to let it air out till I can do it again. I tried swapping the relays and same thing. You can hear the pump priming noise and it won't stop.

any ideas? Thanks again!!

·
Administrator
3,102 Posts
Does the fuel pump in that bike run all the time that the bike is turned on or is there a pressure sensor in the fuel delivery system that detects low pressure and turns the pump on?

·
Administrator
3,102 Posts
Even with the pump running, I would think that the injectors should only allow fuel to pass through them when they activate. Could one or both of your injectors be broken (stuck open)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all again! Sorry I have been absent. Holidays am I right?

So she has been sitting since my last post just haven't had time. I decided to just see what happens if I try and start her.

Key in turn to on with kill switch in the on and I hear all the electric winding up then stop. Hit the start button. She's chugging but nothing. Wait a sec do it again. Chugging but getting weaker. Then I smell gas. Look over and there is a small puddle of gas that seems to have come from the front exhaust pipe. I'm going to try and post pictures.

What in the world?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pulled the spark plugs. Front was soaked with fuel. Rear was normal. I hit the starter expecting lots of gas to spit out but nothing.

I used my harbor freight camera and looked down the spark plug holes into the cylinder. The front was suuuuper wet and the rear looked normal to me.

Did a cold compress check.
Front cold WOT = 135psi. (More fuel came out the same spot. Also noticed a fine mist of fuel coming out the rear spark plug hole.)
Rear cold WOT = 165psi (no find mist out the front spark plug hole. Also didn't notice any fuel spilling)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did a leak down test on the front cylinder...

I'm like 90% sure I have the front cylinder at TDC compression. I jacked the rear wheel up placed it in the highest gear and rotated the rear wheel till air pushed out the front. Then placed a long screw driver down the spark plug hole till I felt the top of the piston.

When I did the test I can hear and feel air rushing out the front exhaust pipe.

This makes me think the exhaust valve must be damaged in some way. Is there any other test I can do? Also how difficult is it to replace a valve on these things? Could the cam chain tensioner gone bad and she slipped a tooth? I didn't see any damage on my camera when I was looking down the spark plug hole.

I'm baffled haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts