Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the warm temps hitting many of us, do those of you running fuel tuners make any changes? If so witch way do you go? I'm running a Lloyd's. Sorry if it's a dumb question, maybe you just leave it alone.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't believe that's a dumb question Torch. I'm not running a tuner, still stock, and have already noticed a performance diff with the heat kicking in. I can just imagine what it does for you all using tuners.

I'm curious about this as well. I will have a tuner, someday :(.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Don't know about heat, but it seems that a little washing water is the kiss of death. My bike had 600 miles on it when the PCV / AT bit the dust after a mild washing. They are now back at the factory for testing and I am going on 4 weeks without a product that I paid very good money for. :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Don't know about heat, but it seems that a little washing water is the kiss of death. My bike had 600 miles on it when the PCV / AT bit the dust after a mild washing. They are now back at the factory for testing and I am going on 4 weeks without a product that I paid very good money for. :mad:
I got mine wet once. I unplugged the AT for a couple of days and it was fine after. They really do need to protect them better.
The AT will maintain the correct A/F ratio based on whatever environment it is in.

·
13,254 Posts
If you have it tuned good leave it a loan.

Weather changes so much your just going to drive your self crazy.
I don't really think heat is a big factor its more the humidity or dew point.
Just stay out of rush hour stop an go traffic.

Like I said leave it a loan.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I got mine wet once. I unplugged the AT for a couple of days and it was fine after. They really do need to protect them better.
The AT will maintain the correct A/F ratio based on whatever environment it is in.
Mine had several days to dry out before I took it back to the dealer. They pulled the PCV and AT and sent it back to the company to be tested. That was 3 weeks ago and the company just received it day before yesterday. Due to their back-log, it'll be a couple more weeks before they finish testing and either repair or replace. Shipping back to the dealer, scheduling an appointment to have it reinstalled and I have no doubt we'll be talking about 3 months of me not having a very expensive piece of gear that I paid for.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I suppose one advantage to having a fuel tuner is you can opt to have it run slightly richer in the heat of summer as that would help in engine cooling at the cost of mileage and maybe a bit less responsiveness. I wouldn't do it personally, but it's an option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts