Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this may have been covered or may have been figured out by most already, but I know when I first picked up my XR, I was annoyed by A) having to fuel at half speed and B) getting fuel splash regardless of how slow I go.

In the event someone is looking for this, I thought I'd make it's own thread. I've tried all sorts of different setups and have finally found an angle that works great for me. I keep the pump on the clutch side of the bike. I place the nozzle in from that side, from the rear, just to the left of the lid maybe 5-10 degrees. I'm able to fuel at full speed. I'm still putting towels in the opening, but they've come out dry every time the last five or so fill ups. Full speed, no mess. FINALLY.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Yes! You've found the sweet spot. thumb up

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
sounds about right[i mean left]. i fill from about the 8-9 o' clock position. i never get off the bike, but i do remember to put the
kickstand down.-- toc club member!

·
Registered
19 Posts
sounds about right[i mean left]. i fill from about the 8-9 o' clock position. i never get off the bike, but i do remember to put the
kickstand down.-- toc club member!
I would never refuel a motorcycle sitting on it. If it does overflow the gas could run down the tank to your crotch and soak your pants. Then if it were to ignite you would be in serious trouble!

·
Premium Member
562 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I would never refuel a motorcycle sitting on it. If it does overflow the gas could run down the tank to your crotch and soak your pants. Then if it were to ignite you would be in serious trouble!
thanks for the heads up. fortunately illinois doesnt have a lot
of brush fires.--irv:D

·
Registered
85 Posts
LOL, yip. Happened to a buddy of mine. No fire, but the gas burned so bad we had to pull over at the nearest station after we were back on road so he could go in the bathroom to clean up... But couldn't put the clothes back on... I had to go out to his HD and grab his clothes bag for him. I still make fun of him for it.

I've had it on my hands and it never burned... I'll take his word for it that it'll burn your sensitive crotch.

We're going back down the highway and all of a sudden he starts waiving me over and takes the next exit - I had no idea what the problem was - just that his riding became erratic all of a sudden.

Could've been terrible, but ended up being a hilarious story; thankfully.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts