Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New year Victory drivers! As I sit here and pout, and watch my (yesterday) washed and waxed Ness Jackpot from my deck as it sits in this mornings surprise Florida rain shower ( because SOMEone neglected to throw a cover on it after bar hopping last night...)
I was thinking about the ridiculously ugly oil coolers seen on our bikes. The thing obviously came straight off a Snapper riding mower in my humble opinion. But, the ray of light in the darkness I see, didn't Victory ban to a Gulag in Siberia the lunatic who designed these fugly things, and didn't they put a nice triangle (?)/tucked away version on the newer models? And if so, has anyone retro-fitted one to an older model yet? And if so, are there kits? (Re: cool steel braid hoses, ) and pictures of this wondrous conversion? If so, I'm dying to see it ASAP! cheers

·
Premium Member
12,984 Posts
Lots of folks have used universal oil coolers on these; like the ones that go down both downtubes but you are not limited to them. I would pick up a temp gun that can tell you the temp of your heads before and after you do this mod.

·
12,970 Posts
Its a shame you didn't say what year and model cause Vic did change them.

·
Premium Member
12,984 Posts
Hey DesertSnake! Can you do this with your heli?

http://www.chonday.com/Videos/helytrechsitmas1

Yeah. It would be a good idea to put 06 Jackpot in your sig line. It just makes things flow smoother when everyone knows what bike you're talking about.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I may have solved this problem already...I discovered a cool place with gobs of used Victory parts. I ordered the triangle cooler off a salvaged/wrecked 08 Jackpot. Could one if you with an 08+ Jackpot please take 3 nice hi-res pics if that style cooler especially showing how its mounted to the frame? I don't care if I have to have the mounts fabbed, I am SO getting rid if that tractor style cooler!thumb up

PS: and yes, I have done that with helos, but instead of lifting 300-400lb bundles of Christmas trees with a terrifically underpowered Bell 206, I was pulling 3-4,000lb tall pines out of a National Forest in Oregon in a B-model Huey.

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,984 Posts
Here is the info I have on the link I posted.

Pilot Dan Clark flies a helicopter to retrieve Christmas trees at the Noble Mountain Christmas Tree Farm in Oregon.

Each trip back and forth takes about 25 seconds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Sure, I have a seeping brake caliper seal (bike sat the last 2 years) was trying to find a caliper overhaul kit ( not available! ) found a spiffy front caliper and few more doo dads at :http://www.blackgoldimportautoparts.com/
They had some Jackpot goodies on eBay, bought the 08 cooler and caliper, waiting on feedback for some other small appearance items that I need. thumb up
Anybody have those close up pics of the 08 oil cooler mounts for me ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looks like a Bell 206B3 not the best choice for sling work.

When I converted my 99 V92C over to an 04 Freedom motor I also changed out the huge oil cooler they put on the early Vic's to the later version they used on the TC's. Still fugly but better than the original huge "Radiator"! I got my parts off eBay from both Pinwall and Sun Coast Cycle salvage. Lots of good stuff there too!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, the updated 08 jackpot oil cooler off a wreck in Canada showed up. All I need to do is have a threaded boss welded to the frame down tube (35 $), I ordered sexy black steel braid hoses from Summit (10 feet for 45 $) and the proper fittings (28 $). Replacing the tires Front and Rear) and a tune/flash to improve performance and get rid of a liw RPM stumble is the current priority, after that? Getting so rid of that tractor/lawnmower oil cooler! VICTORY! !!thumb up

·
Premium Member
8,706 Posts
Brembo seals will fit the Victory brake caliper, 1. 1/16" from memory.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts