Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Cross Country / stock 106 with glasspack mufflers
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This conversation started on the VicWrapz thread but I think it needs its own post now.
For good or bad, legal or piracy, I have forged ahead with getting a run of full-color Victory logos printed because we need them and they're just not available - at least not quite like these. I tried to make these crisp, colorful, durable and affordable. I only have a small run so far but if these sell I will gladly make more and keep the flow coming as long as there is a desire for them, or until I'm told to desist by Ma Vic, if she still gives a crap. To keep things simple (and slightly clandestine), I'm not going to put them on vicWrapz.com or even tell anyone else about them except this forum for now, and we'll see how they're received. If you want some you can drop me a line at [email protected] to state size, quantity and mailing address, and I'll send a PayPal money request to your email. Nice and easy - come and get 'em.

They are printed on the same high-quality 3M-180c controltac vinyl and gloss lamination as my VicWrapz. Will stick on any smooth surface and hold up fantastic outdoors. Can be easily removed without a trace if and when you need to. Pricing is super simple too - $1 per inch! A 3" wide version in any of the 3 styles is $3 / 6" wide is $6 / 10" wide is $10 - mailing included. How easy is that!!

Flickr photo album of the colors and styles:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157686313624004/with/36932698812/

3" logo on a brain bucket:

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Going to take some measurements and will place an order. Stand by Joe.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
these look great Joe! Trying to envision what would look good on flat black helmet

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
these look great Joe! Trying to envision what would look good on flat black helmet
Thanks. Keep in mind that they're all laminated in gloss so there will be a sheen difference against the flat black. The Script logos have a black surround while the Ovals and Vs do not. When I put the little Script logo on my own black helmet I noticed that in some lights, and looking up close, you can see the outline at the sticker's edge plainly - change angle or step back another foot and it goes away. It's caused mainly by the fact that the underlying vinyl is white and these small Script logos have an intricate shape, lots of direction changes for the knife that cuts them out after they're printed. This edge highlight would not be noticeable on a larger logo or a lighter colored helmet but if you think it might bother you go with one of the Ovals or the V shape.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to say so early that I'm already sold out of the 6" and 10" stainless scripts (7 of the 3" ones left).
This was admittedly a short-run to gauge the market response and it looks like the brushed stainless script is a hit! I'll definitely order extras of those next time :)

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
Sorry to say so early that I'm already sold out of the 6" and 10" stainless scripts (7 of the 3" ones left).
This was admittedly a short-run to gauge the market response and it looks like the brushed stainless script is a hit! I'll definitely order extras of those next time :)
Those look great! I might even buy some to put on my toolbox or something.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: id-man

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ate some of my own profits yesterday to add a couple logo stickers to my own bike to illustrate possible locations.

One of my VicWrapz customers showed me this one - they stick to vinyl pretty darn good:

And since I had to remove my gas tank emblems to wrap, this oval emulates the style that came on the bike in 2010:

And in case anyone wants to know the exact measurements of height and width:

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
That size chart is GREAT! It helped immensely to know how the stickies will fit in various locations. Sending a PM.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That size chart is GREAT! It helped immensely to know how the stickies will fit in various locations. Sending a PM.
Hey THANKS for the order RicZ. I've sent a PayPal request now I just your mailing address. That goes for everyone please. I ask you all to bear with me while I work the kinks out of this little sideline. I have limited supply at the moment so I don't want anyone to send money till I verify inventory. What seems to be working the smoothest is when you email me ([email protected]) with the sizes and quantities you desire and include your email address and mailing address. If I have what you want on hand I'll acknowledge that and send a PayPal request to your email right away, and get the order into an addressed envelope, ready for the US Mail. If I'm short on something we'll have to go back and forth a little by email to see if we can substitute something - a situation I will correct by stocking up better in the future now that I've seen there's clearly an interest in the logos. Yeah!

FYI, remember there is no extra cost for mailing if I can use regular old USA Mail within the continental US.
If you're in Canada or elsewhere I may have to add a little for the extra postage, depending on whether we're talking cents or dollars....
I have one envelope going to Austraila this morning which I'm sure will cost a couple bucks, will know in a couple hours and keep you 'posted' :)

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
I placed a couple stainless script stickers on my white Bluetooth helmet (do you see the face?) and on my shorty XR windshield.

Attachments

·
13,262 Posts
Maybe you could do a outline of the bikes kinda like this

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Dang Ric those look just like they belong there!
For anybody who I had to put on the waiting list, I have a new shipment of the logo stickers arriving as early as Monday - and 2 new offerings to share, Shiny Gold Script (in all 3 sizes) and two versions of TTWFO2 stickers. I can start mailing these as early as Tuesday, so like before, if you want some please email me the sizes and styles, and your MAILING ADDRESS, and I will send you a PayPal request for payment - no extra costs for mailing unless you're outside continental US.

Now available in Shiny Gold, all 3 sizes:

And the Vic-Proud TTWFO2 in 2 styles but just one size for now - your choice only $3each:

Closeup of Oval TTWFO2:

Closeup of Text TTWFO2:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just tossing out another placement idea - here is how a 10" V logo fits on the rear window of a van.
Printer just confirmed that my new supply will be in my hands Monday. Yeah!

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Help me out here...what's the "2" for in TTWFO2?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Help me out here...what's the "2" for in TTWFO2?
Oh the 2 came about a few months ago in a thread I can't remember. After several rounds of the phrase "Till The Wheels Fall Off" someone began stating it as the acronym "TTWFO". That was cool but someone else in the same thread suggested it 'could' or 'did' mean "Twist Throttle Wide ****'n Open". Then I said do both and a third party (Broggyr?) chimed in with "TTWFO2" to signify doing both. Since then I've seen it in a few signatures, I thought it was part of the accepted vernacular by now. It's maybe an inside joke only this forum would know about? If that's so I predict it'll spread now :)

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Another happy customer's sticker location.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
My order

Got my order in now for four stickers, 6". Hoping to install on my fuel tank. Just to change it up some on the bike. Hope they last.
:grin

Reactions: id-man

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got my order in now for four stickers, 6". Hoping to install on my fuel tank. Just to change it up some on the bike. Hope they last.
:grin
I appreciate the order - the stickers will go out Monday if the shipment arrives on time, otherwise Tuesday. Share pics when you get them applied and have no fear about the durability, these will hold up brilliantly until you want them off for whatever reason, at which time they can be removed without a trace.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts