Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get a feel from riders on what y'all wear for head gear. Coming from a sport bike, I was always in a full face. One of the allures of a cruiser is being completely free and into wind. That said, on the freeways I am still wearing a full face and switch to a 3/4 helmet when I get on the back roads and streets.

what do you guys use?

·
Registered
690 Posts
I wear a half helmet. But only when I'm in a state that requires it. I hate it, the wind rifles past the straps that go down past my ears and just SCREAMS and kills my ears. I have a 3/4 helmet with fold down screen but it's a touch small. If I had to wear a helmet it would be a comfortable full face. Might as well wear one that actually protects everything if you're wearing one.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I wear a modular on my ST1300 but on my xc I wear a half when its warm, a 3/4 when it's cooler and dry out but I carry a full face in the trunk for long trips when I'm going to encounter rain cuz a half and 3/4 suck in the rain....

I tell my kids to only wear a full face on their bikes and play a damned good hypocrite on my own bike...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I used to wear a half helmet but the last couple of years I have been wearing a full face, plus I wear an armored jacket and kevlar lined pants.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I always used a full face until this summer. It's been so hot I decided to try a smaller helmet...I love it!
It has no shield so I bought a clip on full shield and keep it in my bag incase of rain or night riding.
In the fall I'll go back to my comfy full face.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I wear a half unless its really cold and I need the warmth of a full. I feel closed in and less aware of what is around me in a full face helmet. I actually feel (for me personally) I am safer wearing the half because of that.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Half or 3/4 for me, depending on circumstances. If it's warm and I'm only riding short, local rides, I'll wear my 1/2. If it's a longer ride or if my wife is with me and wants comms, I wear the 3/4 with bluetooth. I need to find a better 3/4 that allows for more airflow cause mine sux in that department.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I have a flip-front helmet (HJC IS-MAX). I usually wear it in full-face mode with the visor up. It has a built-in sun shield like a fighter jet so that works as a visor in the sun.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Full face only in winter and rain half the rest of the time would prefer the choice of not wearing none

·
Registered
212 Posts
When the weather is warm > 70, then just a dew rag. When its < 60 then I pull out the HJC IS-Max.

Luckily MN still gives us a CHOICE.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have a flip-front helmet (HJC IS-MAX). I usually wear it in full-face mode with the visor up. It has a built-in sun shield like a fighter jet so that works as a visor in the sun.
I have one of these as well. On long rides It's what I wear, it also has my SENA attached for when my wife is with me. For my local commute during the week around town I wear a 3/4. I like having the wind in my face. Even when I wear the full I keep the visor up most of the time.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
ATGATT (All the Gear all the time)
No matter which bike I am on, the V-Strom, Guzzi or Victory
Nolan 104 Full Face - face shield wide open

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I've had a Shark Evoline Series 3 for about 6 weeks now and REALLY like it. It gives me the full coveregae I like on the highway and the 3/4 coverage I like in town. It also has the flip down sun shield which is awesome. The Sena bluetooth helmet headset works great in it as well. The Shark is a true convertable helmet in that the chin bar not only lifts up, it's meant to stay put behind the helmet.

I bought it from www.revzilla.com and it couldn't have gone better.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts