Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a full-face helmet with good ventilation. Have been looking at the shoei qwest but still looking around. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Recently bought a Shoei Neotec modular and find the ventilation to be excellent even behind my XR's windscreen. Full open, the top vent does a great job of scooping in the air. If the quest has similar vents you will be pleased.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
You will find most medium to high line helmets have adequate ventilation ports these days. What I suggest you look for is the right head shape. I have a Shoei and it is the worst I have every used when it comes to noise at highway speeds. Over the years it's buggered up my hearing but it's too expensive to trash so ear plugs need to be worn. The proper shape (they have three I believe) will help keep the wind noise down. If you can, take the helmet for a test ride before you buy.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Looking for a full-face helmet with good ventilation. Have been looking at the shoei qwest but still looking around. What do you guys think?
Personally, I'm done with the experimenting on helmets. I've had cheap ones that fit poorly and rattle, I've had other expensive brands that had poorly designed features and breaking plastic parts. I've owned a bunch of Shoeis and they've always been excellent in every way. They also fit my head perfectly. I tried on a QWest earlier this year and the thing went on like sex.

I want one too!

I think their GT Air is their current gold standard for the venting. Frankly, I'm not sure how much difference those little cool slivers of air running over the top of my head make. If I need ventilation, I open the visor.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My schuberth c3 pro ventiates really well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My ARAI SignetQ (long oval shape) fits my head and has good ventilation.
It is the only vented helmet I have used, and so cannot make any comparisions - but it is well ventilated.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have a Shoei Neotec and it has good ventilation for warm weather and I also have an HJC.

One issue I have is keeping the visors clear on cold, raining, low speed roads.

To help fix this problem I added a heated visor to my HJC helmet. I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Heated visor, what... these new fangled technologies, I didn't even know they had such things.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Heated visor, what... these new fangled technologies, I didn't even know they had such things.
If you get the heated visor you might want to also look at the automatic eye moisturizer. :ltr:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have and use the Schuberth C3 it is an incredible helmet and even in the summer you have superior and superb air flow....and no I don't work for or own stock with Schuberth! :ltr:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I have and use the Schuberth C3 it is an incredible helmet and even in the summer you have superior and superb air flow....and no I don't work for or own stock with Schuberth! :ltr:
Not only does the C3 offer exceptional air flow, it does with while also being the QUIETEST helmet on the market today. However, you WILL pay a large price for those qualities

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I have the Shoei Neotec as well. I primarily use it for extreme cold or very heavy rains. On the rare occasion I have used it during the summer. Like already said, it works very well, even behind the bike's wind protection.

Best helmet I have every placed on my head for any of the other extremes. IMHO.

You get what you pay for too. Keep that in mind.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am using a Nolan modular. Tried to go with Scorpion but they do not fit me. I found a XXXL & the Nolan is twice the helmet. thumb up
Just remember, with a windshield, vent systems are not fully effective. Nice thing about my Vision is being able to lower the screen in warmer weather.
The Nolan comes with the addittional "pinlock" inner shield. It is impossible to fog up & no need for a heating system! thumb upthumb up

·
Registered
361 Posts
I currently have a Schuberth -best full face I've ever found to fit my fat head-that said, ventilation sucks behind the Vision's windshield/fairing & I can't wear it-love it on my other vic with no windshield-it is a bit noisy but most modular helmets have that issue to some degree.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts