Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 XC with just about 11k mls.

I had ridden about a hundred miles with temps between 98 – 100 degrees in sunny Arizona when I exited the freeway and was waiting at the light. When the light turned green I started moving and just about to shift it into 3rd when the bike turned off. A full power failure and my instruments all froze in place with the tachometer freezing at 3200 RPM, speedometer was at about 40 MPH, volt meter was showing about 14 and the Fuel gauge was at about ¾ full.
Pulled into a parking lot were the bike sat for about 20 minutes while I waited for my friends to return. I checked a few things like fuses and connections. I turned the key off and back on a few times and must have left it in the auxiliary position. Not seeing anything wrong my friends and I were talking when the bike came back to life. The radio turned on and all the instruments reset just as if I had turned on the bike at home. One thing I noticed was that my clock had reset itself and was blinking.
I got the bike home and checked all battery connecters; all connects to ground, and all the cables leading to the computer. I took off the gas tank and checked the main harness, found nothing that would make me think that it was the cause this shutdown.
Any insights would make me feel better on the road. It couldn’t have happened in a better place this time. But if it reoccurs at 80 MPH on the freeway or at night I will lose my lights adding a new level to concern to the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Couple of lengthy discussion on this, but the Readers Digest version is that you either have loose nout on, or you have a bad main ciruit breaker. Follow the little wire from the posative pole of the battery, and it will lead you to it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, I have already checked all the nuts and connectors so I’ll change out the main ciruit breaker to be on the safe side.
Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts