Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
How do you make a fire pit... Does it keep clean after you used it?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Just used some landscaping stones that I already had. We have had 25 to 30 fires and it’s not close to needing to be cleaned out.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I'm a police officer for the state of Queensland. I'll have 31 years service this time next year, so I reckon I'll have done my time!
While I am not from AU, I will still offer you thanks for serving your fellow citizens.

To those in the USA who might know the answer - Do USA police have mandatory retirement ages? I am sure that this varies by jurisdiction but is it very common?

Reactions: ozpacman

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
To those in the USA who might know the answer - Do USA police have mandatory retirement ages? I am sure that this varies by jurisdiction but is it very common?

None that I’m aware of.

·
Premium Member
6,232 Posts
Just used some landscaping stones that I already had. We have had 25 to 30 fires and it’s not close to needing to be cleaned out.

How nice, I like that idea , I saved all the pictures....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
While I am not from AU, I will still offer you thanks for serving your fellow citizens.

No but some departments/agencies do have a maximum age they will except for certain jobs.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
What is the average age of the people on this site? I felt like the youngest on here when I joined 7 years ago but getting into my 40's now so probably quite a few younger than I. Need a pole if somebody knows how to set that up.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,755 Posts
What is the average age of the people on this site? I felt like the youngest on here when I joined 7 years ago but getting into my 40's now so probably quite a few younger than I. Need a pole if somebody knows how to set that up.
Just turned 35...

What's this retirement thing? :)

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Just turned 35...

What's this retirement thing? :)

At your age, it was only 6 years away for me. It can be done

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Reactions: BlackhawkFan

·
Premium Member
13,726 Posts
Old enough to know better but still do it anyway.

:devil

·
Registered
15 Posts
I´m 53, wont be able to retire until at least 65...

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
57, and retired just shy of one year ago, due to a heart condition. Statistical probability says that I only have a few years left here (and eternity in a different life beyond that, thank You, Jesus!), so I’m trying to do a little riding while I can.

·
Registered
800 Posts
65 here 66 in Dec...retired @ 61...but working part time for the last 7 months or so...will stop this come spring and just ride for my new profession 8)

Have COPD so who know's how much time is left...last 3 years in a row I've won the purple seat award for most miles in my riding club...Southern Cruisers 523 out of Orillia ON Canada...

Ride Safe all...

Rob

Reactions: BlackhawkFan

·
Premium Member
6,232 Posts
48 and counting, every year is a blessing....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I am 58 and very fit and healthy. Financially, I could have retired when I was 52 but I've got a low stress, high pay job that I am good at and is easy for me to do. I saw no reason to retire. I work from home, can set my own hours, can ride whenever I want as well as engage in my other three main activities of working out, duplicate bridge, and golf. I will freely admit that I've got it good.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I retired when I was 57, am 61 now. I do struggle with keeping busy in these Ontario winters. Joined an astronomy club to try to keep my brain exercised, lots of stuff to learn. Worked 25 years as a Conservation Officer for the Province best job in the world. Then did the last 6 years as an investigator for the Ministry of the Environment. Still do some investigations for a local Conservation Authority just for fun money. Wish I was more interested in exercising but never get the urge, My old jobs kept me pretty fit but starting to feel my 61 years now. Glad to hear other folks are trying to enjoy life, all the best to you.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
You see huge numbers of gimmicks for getting in shape, becoming healthier, losing weight, etc. but I am convinced that simple exercise is the "magic bullet" for health. I have worked out zealously for the last ~30 years and I am in great health. I do not take a single prescription drug, I am fit, all of my routine blood work indicators are within the recommended range. In addition, exercising allows me to eat a lot of crappy food, drink a lot, and still be in great shape and great health. My family history would not suggest I should be so healthy so I believe exercise is the main reason for my health. Of course, this is merely one anecdote and I am one bad driver away from buying the farm if I get hit while on my bike.

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
You see huge numbers of gimmicks for getting in shape, becoming healthier, losing weight, etc. but I am convinced that simple exercise is the "magic bullet" for health. I have worked out zealously for the last ~30 years and I am in great health. I do not take a single prescription drug, I am fit, all of my routine blood work indicators are within the recommended range. In addition, exercising allows me to eat a lot of crappy food, drink a lot, and still be in great shape and great health. My family history would not suggest I should be so healthy so I believe exercise is the main reason for my health. Of course, this is merely one anecdote and I am one bad driver away from buying the farm if I get hit while on my bike.
Exercise is the key to good health. But in my case all of my old injuries have brought me to a point to were I can't anymore. I loved running, lifting and being in shape.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts