Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this is new to me as of just a couple of days ago and I'm guessing it may be to many others. I did a quick search and saw no note of it so thought I'd pass it along.

Apparently, the foot controls are adjustable front to back. If you look under the floor boards, you'll see a small bolt. That locks it in to place. They're on slides with three different positions. Plus, you can adjust them up and down (this, I've seen on bikes). Pretty cool. Just thought I'd share. cheers

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
That is one of the many reasons I now own a XR. Been riding 60 years and never liked cruisers, but age and cancer dictated a lower seat height and CG. Its as if Victory approached me and said, OK Mr. Cruiser Hater, what would it take to get you to buy one of ours? And they came out with the Cross bikes that cured every one of my cruiser dislikes. You are aware of the air adjustable rear suspension, aren't you?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are aware of the air adjustable rear suspension, aren't you?
That I am. I had assumed as much as I've come across that before on other bikes. Haven't seen adjust foot controls for front to back, but I've never had floor boards either.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Victory was really thinking ahead when they built the adjustable controls but they bombed it with the handlebars. They offer +2" for the people with T-Rex arms but the don't offer -2" bars for the long arm riders.

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
Don't know where I stand re arm length (34" sleeve) but I had to raise the bars from the stock position. Was leaning forward and raising the bars gave me a more upright posture.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Victory was really thinking ahead when they built the adjustable controls but they bombed it with the handlebars. They offer +2" for the people with T-Rex arms but the don't offer -2" bars for the long arm riders.
Hmmmmm, since I'm the T-Rex type (need the plus 2ers), I guess you meant to say "Neanderthal" for the knuckle draggers huh? :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
That's the word I was shooting for but I didn't use it because I couldn't remember how to spell it!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha ha! Nice! I've been thinking about toying with my slightly, but overall, they're pretty comfortable. First time I've ever sat on a stocker and been completely comfortable. Saddle, bars, boards...all works well for me.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Yea, they thought ahead. They move, but won't adjust. The shifter stands straight up. No shorter shift bars seem to be available. Longer ones are. Oh yea, if you move them forward you'll need one.
The brake side was a slam dunk on the ease and no drama.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, they thought ahead. They move, but won't adjust. The shifter stands straight up. No shorter shift bars seem to be available. Longer ones are. Oh yea, if you move them forward you'll need one.
The brake side was a slam dunk on the ease and no drama.
You can adjust them up and down as well. Not sure if that's what you meant, but that's an option too. There's a threaded bolt that runs front to back on them that has two nuts on it. You use them to adjust it, kind of like you do with the rear wheel for tension.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts