Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 09' Vegas Jackpot brand new. I have always been a sport bike guy, until now. The question I have is: when I let off the throttle, the bike makes a serious whining noise. Maybe this is completely normal? If this is a stupid question, don't laugh too hard. Been riding for years, but never got into the mechanics of it all. Thats what mechanics are for right? :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have same issue!!

sorry to pull this old thread put this is what the search brought up.

I have a whining noise when letting off the throttle. It is LOUD!!! SOUNDS LIKE A 747 AT TAKE OFF.

It is louder when I have a passanger, none the less very concerning. The previous owner was about 100lbs lighter and said he hardly had passangers so he might not have noticed it.

Any thoughts form any one?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry to pull this old thread put this is what the search brought up.

I have a whining noise when letting off the throttle. It is LOUD!!! SOUNDS LIKE A 747 AT TAKE OFF.

It is louder when I have a passanger, none the less very concerning. The previous owner was about 100lbs lighter and said he hardly had passangers so he might not have noticed it.

Any thoughts form any one?
When I had my pulley replaced with a chrome one, they didn't get the belt positioned right and it was rubbing pretty bad on the sidewall of the pulley. My apologies for not following up on this thread. I just took it into the dealer and they adjusted it. No problems since. Hope your problem is that simple.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts