Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before you shell out the extra $20 for red filters, keep in mind that you can clean the other ones with a K&N kit, which has red oil. They're both grey underneath.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Damn....good thought. I didn't know if the filter itself was a tinted gauze. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Rumblebox good of you to wriye this....

I bought the blue ones also as an orange bike with red filters would look strange to me..

First i clean the filters with k&n spray cleaner..... Then instead of rinsing them with tap water i get a bucket with water and put a small bottle of food coloring ( this is waterbased food color so does not mix with oil ) inside the water...... Then let the filters dry over night and poor the RED charging oil over the blue tinted filters.....

Not perfect. But ...... Anyway i did not find yet a product to tint the red oil of K&N blue.....
A pouder wouldaybe work....

·
Registered
427 Posts
Try summit racing for blue filter oil.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
I ordered blue filters because my bike is blue.
My KN filter recharge kit which also sees duty on my car filter has the red oil so my filters come out sort of purpleish which is cool, over time theyve gone blue again.
Been on the bike over 6000 miles now and performing well,
Maybe due for clean and reoil so eventhough theyre accessible with the fuel tank on, I will be taking it off as soon as my new fuel filtrr arrives so I may as well service the air filters then.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I ordered blue filters because my bike is blue.
My KN filter recharge kit which also sees duty on my car filter has the red oil so my filters come out sort of purpleish which is cool, over time theyve gone blue again.
Been on the bike over 6000 miles now and performing well,
Maybe due for clean and reoil so eventhough theyre accessible with the fuel tank on, I will be taking it off as soon as my new fuel filtrr arrives so I may as well service the air filters then.
The blue oil was gone, and they turned grey after a few thousand miles. I prefered the red anyway. My point is you don't have to pay the extra $20 to get them.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Before you shell out the extra $20 for red filters, keep in mind that you can clean the other ones with a K&N kit, which has red oil. They're both grey underneath.

your filters are protruding at a much more radical angle than mine...
is that cos yours is an earlier model?
heres a couple of pix of how mine went purple:)

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
your filters are protruding at a much more radical angle than mine...
is that cos yours is an earlier model?
heres a couple of pix of how mine went purple:)
The geometry between 07 and 2010 should be the same. Mine are angled at the mouth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts