Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No! Not that kind of tool although I have been known to be one on occasion. :D

For those of us that like to have that odd tool in the tool box for different reasons. One tool popped up on my radar this morning called an endoscope. In the medical field they use them for looking in the different orifice's of our body. For us though it might be to look into a cylinder, behind a wall, a gun barrel or maybe some duct work.

Found a few sources for these really affordable cameras that attach to your Android phone. There may be some for iPhones but I didn't look for them. Prices starting at $9.53. Whether you buy them straight from China or through a 3rd party here or in whatever country you live in; they all come from China.

Android Endoscopes:

3.5m Mini Android Endoscope-9.53 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Got a cool tool to share?

PS: I also picked up an Infrared Temp Gun.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Holy Guacamole Bob!!! That's freaking cool!!! Ordered one..will report back...

Cool tools huh? Great thread!

Reactions: BBob

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Valuable tool. I've had the medical version used on me many times. Actually they attached a laser to it and removed my cancerous tumor.

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got these in the other day and the IR temp reader is great. PaiN; you really need to get one and at $13 you just can't go wrong. Last time I looked; these things were up around $30. Even came with batteries.

The borescope/endoscope only worked with a PC and not my Android smart phone so I'm sending it back. I'll do more research and try to find another one. I think it was the fancy USB end on the cord. It has a cool fold back design which allows to go from regular USB to mini USB so an adapter isn't needed. It would be great if it worked like it was supposed to but the phone did not recognize the device was plugged in and I didn't have an adapter to troubleshoot it with.

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are two more tools I find handy. Gaffers tape in black and in white. The white tape is great for labeling and is generally better than duct tape. So is the black. The black can also be a substitute for shrink wrap or something you might grip like a hokey stick.

They come in different sizes but I find the 2" to be the most handy because you can tear it to any width you like.

I ended up ordering a different borescope. Amazon lists it as the best seller so maybe I will have better luck with it. It doesn't have the fancy shmancy USB end but it does come with an adapter. I will report on it when I get it.

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well shoot. I'm either having some seriously bad luck with these borescopes or they are junk. The second one is going back tomorrow. It got here quick and got it today but camera doesn't even work with the PC on this one. At least the other one worked with the PC. Probably would have worked with my laptop. I should have kept it knowing what I know now. I may give it a try again in a month or so. Maybe they just keep sending out ones that have been sent back to them due to not working. Seems like a terrible business model though.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Here are two more tools I find handy. Gaffers tape in black and in white. The white tape is great for labeling and is generally better than duct tape. So is the black. The black can also be a substitute for shrink wrap or something you might grip like a hokey stick.

Amazon.com: Gaffers Tape Solutions: Professional Matte Black Gaffer Tape 2"x30 Yards. Heavy Duty, Strong & Flexible, This Hybrid Gaff Tape Is Waterproof & Leaves No Residue When Removed. Superior To Duct Tapes It Is Perfect For Both Professional & Ho

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Premium-Grade-Gaffer-Power/dp/B00LMNYFHI/ref=pd_sim_229_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41vFTTnbMvL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=17GMBT0BGBK2FX2KXBTN

They come in different sizes but I find the 2" to be the most handy because you can tear it to any width you like.

I ended up ordering a different borescope. Amazon lists it as the best seller so maybe I will have better luck with it. It doesn't have the fancy shmancy USB end but it does come with an adapter. I will report on it when I get it.

http://www.amazon.com/Fantronics-Endoscope-Waterproof-Borescopes-Inspection/dp/B01CL1QUCW?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
Gaffers tape I use...when I'm gaffing...worked a commercial for Bob Parson's Scottsdale Harley a few months back. It was this one:

https://youtu.be/CX9geUwUMsI

I have friends in the business, when they need help they call. Its a hoot. I did ride my Victory to the shoot :devil

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
OK just received a tool I always wanted.... for polishing my rear rim ... bare knuckle fighting pffffff so I thought this might do the trick for making my polishing life easier...

Also THIS below.... I don't know what it is for ... but I bought 5 piece and giving them away to fellow motorists, they love them too ha ha

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Hey Bbob can you take a picture of the inside of your jugs ?? The Vic jugs I meant... hi hi

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Hey Bbob can you take a picture of the inside of your jugs ?? The Vic jugs I meant... hi hi

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk
Hey!!! Getting a bit personal there Bubba!! :grin:laugh

Andre; Lowes's (a home improvement store here in the USA) was clearing out a tool just like that for just a few bucks. I bought 5 of them. I've got 1 in each car, 1 in each motorcycle and 1 floating around in my tool box :wink I thought they were cool and might come in handy some day.

Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Hey!!! Getting a bit personal there Bubba!! :grin:laugh

Andre; Lowes's (a home improvement store here in the USA) was clearing out a tool just like that for just a few bucks. I bought 5 of them. I've got 1 in each car, 1 in each motorcycle and 1 floating around in my tool box :wink I thought they were cool and might come in handy some day.
Hey Jamming I paid 0.89 U$D a piece for that multi-tool ... it is kinda cool ya .. and it doesn't RUST .... ha ha ha

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ended up sending them both back. One because it wouldn't work on my smart phone and the other because it wouldn't work on anything.

The one did work pretty good on my PC though and I got a chance for the first time in my life to look in my own ears, nose, and throat. Heck; if they worked I'd say they are worth it just for that.

I'm going to try one more. If it doesn't work; I give up.

·
13,262 Posts
so now your all going to add Gynecologist MD. in front of your name

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
It'll probably be fine. I think there's something wrong with my smart phone. It won't recognize the new (3rd) scope at all when I plug it in. The tablet recognizes it but no video. Probably not capable. I installed the software that came with the new scope and it works on my PC. It's working on my old laptop too so I'm good to go for mobility. I'm a little embarrassed because I think the first one I got, like yours, was fine. It was my equipment that wasn't fine. The 2nd one was definitely junk. This 3rd one was less than $14 with a shorter cable but that's okay for what I want it for.

1 - 20 of 247 Posts