Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago at 4:30 am my driveway entrance alarm went off. We get a few false alarm, but I looked out the window and didn't see anything. But all the sudden I seen lights flash across the hedge. In a second I seen a car coming from the backside of the house. The light I seen on the hedge was them turning around. They drove back to the gate and stopped, set there a minute or 2. Then they turned on their right turn signal and then turned left onto the highway. We have been shutting the gate at night now. But my wife bought a game camera ( Victure CH200 ) to put up and then I started doing some research on using it for a surveillance camera. The IR camera will not get a clear picture of the license plate do to the vehicle lights at night and the sun hampers with day time pictures. The camera will be facing south toward the gate. Have any of y'all ever tried doing this? They work very well just as a door or back yard surveillance camera. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mounted the camera yesterday around noon. I'll take it down later today and look at the pictures it took and see what I think.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You might get a look at the type of vehicle but yeah it will be hard to tell more than that when you have headlight glare.
Mounting it higher looking down so headlight beam not directly shining at it should give you best picture.

I assume this location is too far away from house to use a WiFi camera?

You can get security cameras that use SD cards for recording which might be slightly better than a game camera.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might get a look at the type of vehicle but yeah it will be hard to tell more than that when you have headlight glare.
Mounting it higher looking down so headlight beam not directly shining at it should give you best picture.

I assume this location is too far away from house to use a WiFi camera?

You can get security cameras that use SD cards for recording which might be slightly better than a game camera.
This game camera has a SD card. I can use a WiFi camera. I have my own WiFi system here, I got tired of the wifi going in and out. So I spent a few hundred dollars to get my own.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the pictures on the camera after about 24 hours of run time. The day time pictures where very good. You could make out the license plate numbers of vehicles coming in and going out. It snapped a couple of pictures of me. There was only 1 night time picture and I could not see any image in it. It my have been a rabbit running by or something. I have it mounted about 10 ft. of the ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts