Winter is here.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Definitely I have seen it :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Actually I plead guilty to being a fan. The only show that I stop what I'm doing and join my lovely bride to watch. We even watch it on cable with the rest of the great unwashed instead of binging on Kodi. Kind of like the old days when folks would gather in the den and bask in the cathode glow together.

"Winter is here" is what I said to the Queen when the wildlings heard the rumble in the mountains. For the last five seasons I been hearing "Winter is coming". Well, it came, and it came like nobodys business on sunday night.

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey now; Kodi is cool! :D

I should have gotten your reference right away. Did you notice how Snow's sword was able to destroy the white ice walker. They both looked surprised the sword didn't shatter when the ice sword and it hit.

That scene where the dead rise to be part of the ice walker army was very 'chilling' as was the scene where the undead flow over the cliff like a water fall then get up to attack. How does one fight such an army?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Here's another reason that HBO can't be beat.
They built a town in some godawful corner of the world, filled it full of actors and extras and then used it for one half hour scene, laid it waste and that's that.
Hell, most movies try to get more mileage out of their production dollar let alone TV shows.
I never forgave HBO for cancelling Deadwood but with GOT they are making up for some of it.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
I've watched the entire Deadwood several times. I'm a follower of the Al Swearengen school of management. Cancelling it was unforgivable.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I read the novel series, A Song of Ice and Fire, some years before the TV series was adapted. The first 3 seasons nothing surprised me. Season 4 started wandering off the reservation. And from what I've heard of Season 5, there will be no more waiting with silent glee to observe my wife's reaction to whatever madness Martin and co. have concocted. I will be just as surprised as she.

·
Registered
301 Posts
pissed me off when the princess got burnt, but wow what a show. yes ill admit ive seen every one. could you imagine seeing a xct done up in the series paint scheme fully decked out .

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow! Did they really need to burn a child? This ain't entertainment! Rather be riding.
Just watched it up that part.

Dill, I hear what you are saying and it is beyond anything we could possibly imagine, but the art of the show is to show how intense and unimaginable it was during parts of the human history as we know it.

Heck; we could barely get kids off the couch to stop playing their video games today let alone go on a quest to save a kingdom, or our case, a country.

Back to the show though... the mother and father, King and Queen, will never be able to get the screams of their daughter out of their minds. Not ever.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I got more of a kick out of last weeks episode. This week they checked off a bunch of the right checkboxes but it seemed, I dunno, like a tv show checking off a list. Good action though.

I hope next week is the best of season but it's the Game of Thrones way that the last episode most often is about cliffhangers more than fireworks.

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Dayum!! At least we got to see the queen nekkid and man is she pissed. The very end shocked me. I thought for sure this character would be around a long time. Fooled me. May be back as a White Walker.

See how I did that without giving away the show? :D

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Agreed. In the books, I only got to about 10% of book 5 and apparently this is in the books. Was certainly a shock for me.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts