Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've mentioned this before, last year somewhere but now it's ready!

I worked for months helping to get this set up with Mo-Door. I've used their garage door opener for 4 bikes now and when I got my Victory's I just had to find a way to use that blank switch in my Vision and in my wife's XCT.

LOOK NO MORE! Now you can fill that blank switch with exactly what Victory uses for the other switches. EXACTLY!! For one garage door or two. Push the momentary rocker one way for door one and the other way for door two. If you only have one door then get V1, V2 for two doors.

I've be been using this setup for two doors for about a year now. Flawless and no modifying anything on the bike or tapping into the headlights. Easy as can be.

I worked with them to get this going but it was only to help my fellow Vic riders. I am not associated with them in any way and get nothing in return. I believe in the product and wanted it to work specifically for us. Check them out.

http://www.mo-door.com/Ordering.html

I can post up pics of both my Vision and XCT later. It really is a great setup and looks like it came from Victory.

My YouTube video showing the single garage door opener in action.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I have one. Love it!

·
13,235 Posts
I use that flash to pass. Click high beam then low beam and door opens from the street

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts

I worked for months helping to get this set up with Mo-Door. I've used their garage door opener for 4 bikes now and when I got my Victory's I just had to find a way to use that blank switch in my Vision and in my wife's XCT.

LOOK NO MORE! Now you can fill that blank switch with exactly what Victory uses for the other switches. EXACTLY!! For one garage door or two. Push the momentary rocker one way for door one and the other way for door two. If you only have one door then get V1, V2 for two doors.

I've be been using this setup for two doors for about a year now. Flawless and no modifying anything on the bike or tapping into the headlights. Easy as can be.

I worked with them to get this going but it was only to help my fellow Vic riders. I am not associated with them in any way and get nothing in return. I believe in the product and wanted it to work specifically for us. Check them out.

http://www.mo-door.com/Ordering.html

I can post up pics of both my Vision and XCT later. It really is a great setup and looks like it came from Victory.

My YouTube video showing the single garage door opener in action.

What a great idea. Something to look at for me...

[EDIT] You have a space in your YouTube link, I foxed it in my quote above.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I love this idea.
Right now I took the remote out of my car and attached it to the back of my GPS with velcro.
It works but doesn't look too good and is susceptible to moisture, plus every time I drive my car I forget that it is on my bike and can't operate the door.
A new remote is $70 at Sears, so this is a bargain.
Couple of questions though...
Are those lights on the V2 model? It just looks better than the V1 model even though I only have one door to operate, I just won't use the second part, it's only an extra $20 bucks.
Also, what length wires should I get for the XCT? I see they range from 6" to 24". I imagine it doesn't make any difference as you can coil up the rest.
Please let me know.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts

I worked for months helping to get this set up with Mo-Door.

subscribed and dreaming
thumb up

·
Registered
693 Posts
Nice! I have an XR, so no spare switches for me. A couple years back, I purchased a key FOB opener, soldered a couple of wires and ran them up to my switch box. I just push in the signal cancellation switch and it cycles it for me.

·
Registered
611 Posts
That's pretty damn cool. Unfortunately i find it fairly inconvenient to get at the switch bracket on my XR since I have my phone mount between the bar risers (keeps me kinda sorta looking ahead when I'm using it as a gps). Well that and my garage currently isn't powered so I have to get off the bike to open it up anyway :crzy:

·
Registered
539 Posts
I just ordered one. I went ahead and ordered the longest length possible. I have been just carrying a opener in my jacket pocket, but I like this idea better.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Very cool, I run a flash to pass and like that as well.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I love this idea.
Right now I took the remote out of my car and attached it to the back of my GPS with velcro.
It works but doesn't look too good and is susceptible to moisture, plus every time I drive my car I forget that it is on my bike and can't operate the door.
A new remote is $70 at Sears, so this is a bargain.
Couple of questions though...
Are those lights on the V2 model? It just looks better than the V1 model even though I only have one door to operate, I just won't use the second part, it's only an extra $20 bucks.
Also, what length wires should I get for the XCT? I see they range from 6" to 24". I imagine it doesn't make any difference as you can coil up the rest.
Please let me know.

24 bucks chaimberlain mini remote, jb weld to under housing switch on left side, cover removes if your battery ever dies. easy 10 min install works perfect.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
I did what alstensby did. Purchased an extra garage door opener from eBay. $20. Opened it and tapped into the circuit board two wires and connected it to a monetary button. Ran the monetary button to a hidden spot on my bike. Total cost $20. The garage opener is hidden in my bike too so it can't be taken.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I did what alstensby did. Purchased an extra garage door opener from eBay. $20. Opened it and tapped into the circuit board two wires and connected it to a monetary button. Ran the monetary button to a hidden spot on my bike. Total cost $20. The garage opener is hidden in my bike too so it can't be taken.

X2. Work awesome!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
207 Posts
I mounted my garage door opener under the left side cover on my Kingpin. Drilled a small hole in the front forward side and installed a button to operate the opener.:D

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Very cool, I run a flash to pass and like that as well.
So might the kids down the street that's looking for trouble...or some extra tools. I thought about the flash to pass thing but the thought of anybody else being able to do it seems like a very bad idea.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have no idea why I'm not getting updates to this thread. My settings are correct. Hmmmm.

There are loads of ways to open your garage door. As many colors of motorcycles I'd expect. This is just the only way I know of that incorporates a FACTORY switch (same company as where Victory buys theres for our bikes) and a true dual opener setup.

Each to their own. I wanted to share a product I believe in and is the best option out there. No rigging, splicing, etc!

I'll look at the link to my youtube and fix it. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had the flash to pass too for 18 months. I flat out wore it out. The damn thing just plain failed and trying to get customer support proved to be impossible. I had HID lights then too and never liked the idea of the repeated flashing of the elements, additional switch wear etc. Liked the idea at the time but there really wasn't a good option until I found what I'm sharing in this thread.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
Looks like a nice set up Mike. Definitely an option to what others have done. I do wonder why the unit needs to be sent in to replace the battery. Doesn't it come apart easily enough to change it yourself?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was not aware of that. I've had mine apart and can only say yes, it comes apart like you'd think but the insides are sealed up for element protection. You separate the box and break that seal? It's got a 2032 battery in it.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I was not aware of that. I've had mine apart and can only say yes, it comes apart like you'd think but the insides are sealed up for element protection. You separate the box and break that seal? It's got a 2032 battery in it.
I was ready to purchase this unit until I heard about the battery.
So is it possible to change it yourself?
I'm sure that we can reseal it again using removable silicon or something.
Let me know if it is possible to change the battery without doing any serious physical damage to the unit and I will place my order.
Thanks
Paul

1 - 20 of 35 Posts