Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have found and use Mo-Door openers for both my Victory's. In attempting to put their button through the blank switch right of the radio display, I destroyed both the blank and the push button switch on the Mo-Door.

I decided to research and find a replacement switch to go in the blank on the XCT. I found it.

It's an OFF-momentary-on switch and it looks exactly like a factory Victory switch. Same color, size, and feel, and sealed too.

It looks like It came on the bike from Vic and works perfectly.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1373911837.871377.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1373911852.990352.jpg

EDIT: A short video showing the same thing as the pics:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Cool! Where did you find the switch?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I a little more info please or maybe a how to. part numbers would help or where you got the switch from. Looks very factory.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I spent hours and days trying to find the right part for the job. That's what these forums are for right? Help each other out?

so here you go. The switches are made by Otto. These are K1 models. The part number of the one I got for the garage door opener is: K1ABCAAAAA

Everything after the K1 means something on/about the switch. Lighted, rocker type, configuration etc.

Otto Switches

They can be made in any configuration with labels, lighted, etc.

Now what took so long for me is that there was only ONE to be had anywhere. I checked. That one was allocated to someone else who had 20+ ordered (and those were still a month out). I begged to ask that customer if I could have it and they agreed.

The trouble comes that minimum orders and quantities are the norm to get these made to order switches.

Because I wasn't making either of those requirements they sent me that ONE switch COD. It's normally about a $10 switch but I ended up having to pay $27 to get it in my hands. To me it was worth it.

What's kinda cool about these switches and company is that I'm tempted to replaced switches on my Ness Vision with backlit ones with the stock labeling on them. If you download their PDF on the above site you can see exactly what and how to order pretty much anything you can come up with.

Again, you have to go through one of their distributors though so it's not as simple as ordering a switch and waiting to get it. Hence the reason I was tempted to get something going myself. Order a bunch and set up a package deal for fellow Victory riders.

Anywho, there you go. Here is a pic of the actual switch as I got it.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1373916428.501984.jpg

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I added a short video to the initial post.

·
13,040 Posts
bet you could of wired it into the headlight high low switch or even the turnsignal switch

·
Registered
193 Posts
The hell with it. That's what these forums are for right? Help each other out?

Here you go. The switches are made by Otto. These are K1 models. The part number of the one I got for the garage door opener is: K1ABCAAAAA

Everything after the K1 means something on/about the switch. Lighted, rocker type, configuration etc.

Otto Switches

They can be made in any configuration with labels, lighted, etc.

Now what took so long for me is that there was only ONE to be had anywhere. I checked. That one was allocated to someone else who had 20+ ordered (and those were still a month out). I begged to ask that customer if I could have it and they agreed.

The trouble comes that minimum orders and quantities are the norm to get these made to order switches.

Because I wasn't making either of those requirements they sent me that ONE switch COD. It's normally about a $10 switch but I ended up having to pay $27 to get it in my hands. To me it was worth it.

What's kinda cool about these switches and company is that I'm tempted to replaced switches on my Ness Vision with backlit ones with the stock labeling on them. If you download their PDF on the above site you can see exactly what and how to order pretty much anything you can come up with.

Again, you have to go through one of their distributors though so it's not as simple as ordering a switch and waiting to get it. Hence the reason I was tempted to get something going myself. Order a bunch and set up a package deal for fellow Victory riders.

Anywho, there you go. Here is a pic of the actual switch as I got it.

View attachment 29417
If you go to the OTTO web page you can look up distributors. I found this for Texas:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/OTTO/K1ABCAAAAA/?qs=/ha2pyFadujzzwvhHdjYK8gv6M6pjSE1HQ%2bzKwYYdUJMJmBPT5hAyw==

Says a minimum order is 1, cost is $0.85. BUT AN 8 WEEK LEAD TIME!!

Thanks for the resource though, I was looking for this type of switch a few months ago.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have a quote from them right in front of me from last week. I think you missed a "1" on your cost. $10.85 each switch but you are correct on the lead time.

I called and spoke to every distributer on Otto's site. That's how I found the ONE that was out there even though it was allocated to another company.

An old saying that's done well for me in my life, "TRUST BUT VERIFY". You can trust my leg work but feel free to verify yourself. I'm happy with my results and may at some point order from someone more switches for my Victory's. I went through the above process only because I really screwed up the blank switch in the XCT and wasn't willing to rig up something or to leave it screwed up.

Sure, there are many ways to hook up a simple switch that simply closes a circuit. Still requires "rigging" and I hate to do that when there are ways such as adding a simple stock type switch into a spot already designed for it. Nothing to cut on the bike, nothing to short out, nothing to splice, nothing to mod. Simple, affective, and as good as any manufacture could produce.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a quote from them right in front of me from last week. $10.85 each switch and you are correct on the lead time.

I called and spoke to every distributer on Otto's site. That's how I found the ONE that out there even though it was allocated to another company.

An old saying that's done well for me in my life, "TRUST BUT VERIFY". You can trust my leg work but feel free to verify yourself. I'm happy with my results and may at some point order from someone more switches for my Victory's. I went through the above process only because I really screwed up the blank switch in the XCT and wasn't willing to rig up something or to leave it screwed up.

Sure, there are many ways to hook up a simple switch that simply closes a circuit. Still requires "rigging" and I hate to do that when there are ways such as adding a simple stock type switch into a spot already designed for it. Nothing to cut on the bike, nothing to short out, nothing to splice, nothing to mod. Simple, affective, and as good as any manufacture could produce.
Yea, I screwed up the blank switch plug when I had to take it out of the bracket installing the Light Bar and HID headlight. Kinda tweaked the light bar switch too, but it will work Would be great to replace them both. Putting the garage door button in that space would be sweet.

Thanks again for the legwork, I looked around for about a week trying to find these things with no success. At least now I have a manufacturer's name. cheers

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey visionjohny, imagine having all 4 of your panel switches backlit. That would be cool eh? They (Otto) have the Hazard and driving light label markings but couldn't find a "grip" type or one that would work for the garage door. Still, tempting to maybe get some and see how they work. Only if the backlit wouldn't be too overwhelming at night. Want to see them but don't need peripheral light shining elsewhere.

Like the radio and cruise control controls. Would love them backlit.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again for the legwork, I looked around for about a week trying to find these things with no success. At least now I have a manufacturer's name. cheers
You're welcome. By looking closely at the switch I got, comparing it to the blank I pulled out, and the grip heater switch, I believe Otto provides Victory with the switches they use. I mean it's EXACT from everything I can gather.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
This "switch" is nothing more than a button. When I push the switch to the "momentary-on" position all it does is connect the two wires connected to the back of the switch. That connection is what sends the signal to the opener.

In other words pushing the button closes the circuit and therefore sends a signal from the Mo-Door unit to my garage door opener.

The Mo-Door is indeed a programmable unit made for the bikes. I simply removed the button that comes soldered to the wires going to the Mo-Door box. Crimp on some quick connect ends (like what goes onto speakers) to the wires and slipped then onto the 2 posts out the back of the new switch talked about in this thread. Two wires, two posts. No matter which wire goes to which post because the switch (button) just connects the two together.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Here's an idea of how to convert a standard garage door opener to one that is installed in a vehicle. On X-bikes you could put the remote portion in the headlight bucket of fairing and use one of the OEM style switches discussed in this thread.

http://2manytoyz.com/switch.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts