Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
13,048 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Yes, Flash-2-Pass will do the job, however, it's not perfect and they try to hook you to using their openers, which are not cheap. On the XC/Vision bikes, I would just modify a current (preferably a broken) remote for your garage door. Give it power so it doesn't use the battery anymore, and add an accessory button on your dash.

·
Registered
784 Posts
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Flash2Pass-103102-Complete-Access-Motorcycles/dp/B001AWDMQG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1394130792&sr=8-3&keywords=flash+to+pass[/ame]

Range could be better, but my opener is in the back of the garage, FWIW. Not sure what CR is talking about but have priced openers and they are very competitive. I also put one on both cars, so it made the price even better. Jump the control box for the house into the existing one, or just replace it. The instructions are in the box and there are a few U-Tube type video's out as well.
I mounted mine under the fairing and wired it to the brights, grounded to an existing ground point. Did it all through the headlight opening so no need to remove the entire fairing unless you have some other projects going on under there.

Cheers

·
Registered
418 Posts
Flash 2 pass here too, very easy and other than my system not powering the included opener it was a 20 min job on my XCT. The next time I have a battery go out in another opener and I'm doing the same on my wife's car. No work on my end, just 2 connections and done.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just purchased a 2013 XCT in December and had been riding a Yamaha RSV for several years. I put in a mo-door opener and loved it. Easy to use, easy to install, never had any issues with it. I took it out of my RSV and planning on putting in the front right storage area on my XCT.

http://www.mo-door.com/

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I just purchased a 2013 XCT in December and had been riding a Yamaha RSV for several years. I put in a mo-door opener and loved it. Easy to use, easy to install, never had any issues with it. I took it out of my RSV and planning on putting in the front right storage area on my XCT.

http://www.mo-door.com/
How big is that box?

·
13,048 Posts
you should check I have seen apps that will open your garage door

·
Registered
781 Posts
The apps I'm seeing so far are bluetooth- and seems they require additional hardware, a bluetooth receiver, etc. In fact- in many cases- the app itself is not mandatory for it to work.

The question I have is how is the opener pairing is affected/ limited by other active BT connections like Phone-Sena. Phones typically do not have multipoint BT, so this makes me wonder if terminating that Phone-Sena pairing is required prior to using the opener app. If yes- (which strikes me as likely) you then have to use the phone menus to pair the opener? Now-- if the app automatically and quickly switched the pairing over for you- I guess that solves all that. Now you just have to have fingerless or smartphone compatible gloves to use it.. :)

Anyone using this type of setup confirm? If I'm anywhere close to right-That Mo door rig looks pretty enticing to me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got the flash2pass on both of my bikes and they work great. The trick is to mount the transmitter where there is not a lot of Metal between it and the receiver unit in your garage.
On the Victory it is mounted in the top half of the headlight bucket. On my other bike it is under the headlight and just above the bottom of the triple tree of the fork. Flash high Beams twice and door works every time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also plan on adding F2P units to both cars so we don't have to have a lose door opener sitting in the car in the driveway. All someone needs to do is get into the car, then they have access to your garage. With the flash2pass the ignition has to be on and able to flash high beams to work.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
539 Posts
you should check I have seen apps that will open your garage door
There are garage door openers that can be controlled via a smart phone. I don't really know how practical that is. I don't keep my phone handy when I am riding and if I have to stop and pull out my phone and start an app, might as well just carry an opener in my pocket, which I do.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I use the F2P and like that it doesn't need batteries and doesn't require a seperate switch (uses the high beam switch). I don't like that it requires it's own receiver box to be mounted in your garage in order to work.

There used to be an opener sold on ebay that emulated your original door remote, ran off the bike's electrical system, and could be controlled with any of your bike's control switches that operated in an on/off manner. Sadly it's been unavailable for many years now. This mo-door unit looks like it uses similar technology and I guess 5 year battery life isn't too bad, but I wonder if you could wire it up so you didn't have to add an extra switch to your bike? If so, I'd consider switching from the F2P just to get rid of the extra hardware, not to mention the range on mine is horrible.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Do a search on my threads & you will find a way to convert one of your existing controllers for about $4.75

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
... I'd consider switching from the F2P just to get rid of the extra hardware, not to mention the range on mine is horrible.
Same here. It seem ridiculous, especially when I leave, that I have to be within a few feet of the garage to be able to close it. Roll too far, and I gotta go back to the spot where F2P can read it - all this while flashing my high beam like a maniac. :ltr:

I wish F2P worked with something else other than the high beams - like the cancel switch for the turn signal, or holding 2 buttons on the cruise control module. Not too happy to be flashing, especially if someone is around - looks ridiculous, never mind some folks might think I am flashing them when all I try to do is close the darn garage door.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
All right, I give up. I've tried searching numerous times with the advanced search and still can't find it. How about a link?
My apologies - It looks like I posted on the Victory Owners Group forum rather than here. Just search there with my moniker (ndabunka) and the word Garage and you will see a step-by-step process. You can get the switch at radio shack. Good luck!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Same here. It seem ridiculous, especially when I leave, that I have to be within a few feet of the garage to be able to close it. Roll too far, and I gotta go back to the spot where F2P can read it - all this while flashing my high beam like a maniac. :ltr:
Tell me about it! I have a short, 30 degree sloped driveway. I have to pull right up to the door, hold the brake, balance the bike, hold in the clutch, turn my bars to the left (so the transmitter faces the door), and then stretch my thumb as far as it will go in order to flash the high beams twice. Not too happy that Victory got rid of the momentary high beam flash feature they had on the early models either...

I wish F2P worked with something else other than the high beams - like the cancel switch for the turn signal, or holding 2 buttons on the cruise control module. Not too happy to be flashing, especially if someone is around - looks ridiculous, never mind some folks might think I am flashing them when all I try to do is close the darn garage door.
I looked into the signal cancel button at some earlier point in time when I was thinking about modifying a standard garage door opener. Found it's really more of a contact breaker than a switch.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts