Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who use or intend to use a GPS on you scoot, I suggest getting a Garmin, Zumo, GPS. That being said, you need to be aware that though the device offers many features, it does not supply you with a option to find motorcycle shops or dealerships. It does; however, supply you with automobile shops and dealerships that unfortunately doesn't help much should you be looking for a part or tire along your touring route.
Strange that a GPS that is said to be made for motorcycles doesn't offer even one listing for motorcycle shops! Really don't know anyone who rides a motorcycle and uses a GPS for navigation and shopping/service options, would need to locate a car repair shop or dealership.
Victory does offer an app that will help you if you have your smart phone with you, but I haven't found a way to upload it to my GPS.
You would think that either Garmin or Vic would figure out a way to download valuable motorcycle shop information on an GPS that is said to be designed for motorcycles. If any of you have a solution or insight to this mystery, please let me know. Otherwise, I would encourage you to call Garmin at (913) 397-8200 and ask "whatsup".

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Otherwise, I would encourage you to call Garmin at (913) 397-8200 and ask "whatsup".
Part of the reason I would think is that you have to pay to be included on Garmins GPS's. I think you have a great idea though. You may have to wait until someone else comes up with a motorcycle friendly GPS that includes motorcycle services and is waterproof before you see Garmin spend the big bucks to include that information.

I think that is why the new units come with lifetime maps now.
Magellan or Tom Tom made it a feature and when it started to hurt Garmins bottom line it became a reality for Garmin purchasers.

Just thoughts here. I'll definitely call. Can't hurt. Great idea.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
The good news is... You can download (at zumoforums.com) a file with all of the Victory dealers in the USA.

The bad news... this file is a BITCH to keep updated and probably has not been updated in a long period of time...and as we all know, several Victory dealers in the US have gone belly up (as have other motorcycle dealers...it's not just a Victory thang).

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Tried the link to the site listed in the sum zumoforums for the Victory Dealerships….the link could not be open for some reason with safari on my Mac.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
To the Admin here.... Can I attach or post the Victory Dealer waypoints here? If so, I will share them here.

·
Registered
162 Posts
For those of you who use or intend to use a GPS on you scoot, I suggest getting a Garmin, Zumo, GPS. That being said, you need to be aware that though the device offers many features, it does not supply you with a option to find motorcycle shops or dealerships. It does; however, supply you with automobile shops and dealerships that unfortunately doesn't help much should you be looking for a part or tire along your touring route.
Strange that a GPS that is said to be made for motorcycles doesn't offer even one listing for motorcycle shops! Really don't know anyone who rides a motorcycle and uses a GPS for navigation and shopping/service options, would need to locate a car repair shop or dealership.
Victory does offer an app that will help you if you have your smart phone with you, but I haven't found a way to upload it to my GPS.
You would think that either Garmin or Vic would figure out a way to download valuable motorcycle shop information on an GPS that is said to be designed for motorcycles. If any of you have a solution or insight to this mystery, please let me know. Otherwise, I would encourage you to call Garmin at (913) 397-8200 and ask "whatsup".
I use a Zumo, and the reason that I agree this should have been a standard feature, and one that Garmin updates for us riders along with their continual map updates, is that this was a relatively expensive piece of equipment!

Not sure where you got yours, but mine (which was a gift, but from my wife which means that I still bought it) was well over $500, when a 'regular' Garmin costs less than 1/2 of that.

I like the unit, and I think it holds up to the elements well and works well when I wear gloves. But yeah, for the price point this should be a "premium" product for Garmin and treated as such. I guess that's my point. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought the Zumo 550 a few years back at a HD dealer and it was preloaded w/ HD locations throughout the country. So, I don't know why Victory couldn't do it. It cost me around $700. It recently just quit working and I'm working with Garmin HelpDesk to try to figure out what's going on with it. I've read that that is an issue w/ the Zumo series. Up to this point it's been a good item.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
To the Admin here.... Can I attach or post the Victory Dealer waypoints here? If so, I will share them here.
Bump??? Is there any update on this?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
You don't have to ask for permission. Go for it. :smile

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Does anybody have a sketch/diagram how to hook up a Zumo 660 using the Garmin wiring harness? Photos would be really nice!!! Where did you run your cable?

·
13,239 Posts
I have rider x app on my phone and it shows me all Polaris dealers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts