Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The one to which you link would not be the Victory branded version. Would this make a difference? Would the sound from the Zumo coming out the XCT speakers still work? Are there other Victory specifc functions that are present? If so, would these work? I really don't care about "Victory" on the Zumo startup splash screen :)

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea, specifically. I'd suspect the Vic branded one comes with the wiring harness:

Victory GPS integration wiring harness

You may still be able to buy that harness and connect this Zumo 660 the same way. The Vic Zumo 660 kit is almost $900, so this sale priced non-branded 660 plus the harness is still a relative bargain.

That said, it is still a really expensive solution that can be pretty easily replicated with other standard parts (cradle, 12v cig outlet, USB power adapter, 3.5mm audio connector wired to stock GPS plug). But you have to put a little elbow grease into doing it yourself. There is plenty of info on this forum that would assist you in that.

Rob

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I've already purchased and installed the Victory Zumo wiring harness and mounting system so that I can transfer the Zumo from my summer XCT in Michigan to my winter XCT in Florida so I'm all set with the mounting and power. I was only concerned about whether there is any functionality present in the Victory branded Zumo that is not present in the one linked to in the OP (other than the worthless Victory startup splash screen). Thanks.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've already purchased and installed the Victory Zumo wiring harness and mounting system so that I can transfer the Zumo from my summer XCT in Michigan to my winter XCT in Florida so I'm all set with the mounting and power. I was only concerned about whether there is any functionality present in the Victory branded Zumo that is not present in the one linked to in the OP (other than the worthless Victory startup splash screen). Thanks.

G'day,

Vinish
No idea on that.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I was only concerned about whether there is any functionality present in the Victory branded Zumo that is not present in the one linked to in the OP (other than the worthless Victory startup splash screen). Thanks.

G'day,

Vinish
As I understand it, the only difference, other than the splash screen, is all the Victory dealer locations are loaded in the GPS.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Have to wonder if that is a complete kit? Mounting hardware and wiring kit (not brand specific, I mean any wiring kit) included?
No details other than brand new Zumo 660. Only shows the head unit.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have to wonder if that is a complete kit? Mounting hardware and wiring kit (not brand specific, I mean any wiring kit) included?
No details other than brand new Zumo 660. Only shows the head unit.
Not sure what you were looking at. The Rakuten ad is pretty detailed. Full specs, part numbers, features, etc. The ad lists the actual package contents too.

Rob

·
Registered
539 Posts
I just bought one on Amazon and it's probably the same. You get a ram ball mount handlebar kit, with wiring harness. The harness is generic and some assembly required, to get it attached to whatever you want to attach, power, speakers, etc.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I bought one the day they had that special. $209.99. I would never have got an MC GPS but at that price, couldn't pass it up. With Bluetooth, other than power I don't need it wired to my bike

·
Registered
217 Posts
No idea, specifically. I'd suspect the Vic branded one comes with the wiring harness:

Victory GPS integration wiring harness

You may still be able to buy that harness and connect this Zumo 660 the same way. The Vic Zumo 660 kit is almost $900, so this sale priced non-branded 660 plus the harness is still a relative bargain.

That said, it is still a really expensive solution that can be pretty easily replicated with other standard parts (cradle, 12v cig outlet, USB power adapter, 3.5mm audio connector wired to stock GPS plug). But you have to put a little elbow grease into doing it yourself. There is plenty of info on this forum that would assist you in that.

Rob
I already owned a Zumo 665 when I bought my 2012 XCT. I just bought, well they gave it to me, the 3.5mm jack wire harness from my sales man and replaced the Ipod adapter in the lower left compartment and have my Zumo integrated into the sound system that way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts