Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been checking out the no lock fuel caps. The ones for our Victorys are crazy expensive. So I have been looking around for one for my old 2011 XR. Did some measuring and finally ordered one from ebay for a Yamaha R1, R6,etc. . Got it the other day sure looks nice, twist to open it up. The bolt holes are correct, same spacing as our Victory XR/XC. Did not take long at all to swap it out- F----me over. I gambled & lost. It does not fit into the opening on our tanks correctly. So NOOOOO they do not bolt in. So I gambled and sent $22 roughly to China to feed a few hungry people, maybe. No I do not have a Yamaha R6, R1 or what ever. So maybe I will hang it on the wall, it is black and it is machined nicely, ha, ha. So save your $20+ and put it towards that $160 cap that fits(maybe).

·
Registered
533 Posts
don't feel bad, i did the same thing... the filler hole is offset just enough to not fit our tanks.. i got a chrome one that pops up and comes out completely.... i'll figure out something to do with it.... if i find someone with an R1/R6 or one of the other Yamaha bikes that it might fit.

·
13,026 Posts
before buying go to a couple dealers and see if one off a used bike would fit. Then you would know what to order

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Been considering a no lock cap mainly because it annoys me having to unlock, pull keys out so they don't scratch tank, fill, put key back in, close cap.
I don't so much mind the hinge it's pulling my keys out because of the hinge that annoys me.

They are crazy expensive though.

I guess without a lock you run the risk of someone dumping something in there?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts