Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Was thinking about swapping out gas caps and was wondering if the 2006 and up gas caps are interchangeable with my 2004? Bolt pattern looks the same but I'm sure they are different for some reason.

·
13,262 Posts
look for a screw in cap instead of a locking cap

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Gas caps for victory are REALLY expensive .... Sor some unknown reason .... Attached is a HD pop-up dirt cheap .... For sample only ..

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Reactions: visionjohnny

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
I sure wish that would work on my bike
Yes agree .... Maybe when i ever finish building my bike, then i can look into this conversion ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
'Victory' gas caps are expensive. But they're also not a unique style or size to Victory. Many have posted about replacing the Victory gas cap with one that also fits a Suzuki/Yamaha/Kawasaki etc. So look around, you don't 'have ' to have a "Victory' gas cap.

Reactions: Draft6969

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
'Victory' gas caps are expensive. But they're also not a unique style or size to Victory. Many have posted about replacing the Victory gas cap with one that also fits a Suzuki/Yamaha/Kawasaki etc. So look around, you don't 'have ' to have a "Victory' gas cap.
Ohhhhh serious ? This deserves its own thread .... Can you post some info and links ? Or find an old thread on this forum ?

Super interested in this subject ..

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Just looked on AliExpress and YESSSS it is the same size

FXCNC Aluminum Motorcycle Fuel Tank Gas Cap Cover Keyless For Yamaha YZF R1 R6 R25 R3 R15 FZ1 FZ6 FZ8 FZ16 XJ6 XT660 XJR 1300
http://s.aliexpress.com/mMjEBbYn?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)

Check that out .... Mark your the man .....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ohhhhh serious ? This deserves its own thread .... Can you post some info and links ? Or find an old thread on this forum ?

Super interested in this subject ..

Andre using TaPaTaLk

I agree. How has this slipped by?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just looked on AliExpress and YESSSS it is the same size

FXCNC Aluminum Motorcycle Fuel Tank Gas Cap Cover Keyless For Yamaha YZF R1 R6 R25 R3 R15 FZ1 FZ6 FZ8 FZ16 XJ6 XT660 XJR 1300
FXCNC Aluminum Motorcycle Fuel Tank Gas Cap Cover Keyless For Yamaha YZF R1 R6 R25 R3 R15 FZ1 FZ6 FZ8 FZ16 XJ6 XT660 XJR 1300-in Fuel Tank from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group to Clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)

Check that out .... Mark your the man .....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

So do you think any cap that fits thoes bikes will fit ours? That would open a whole new world. :grin

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is crazy if it is true. In a been spending countless hours trying to find something I like and then you drop this in our laps. Lol. Sure looks alike to me. But would it work for 2006 and up or 2005 and down or both?
$11 freaking dollars !!!!!!! Just showed you how over charged the accessories are.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
This is crazy if it is true. In a been spending countless hours trying to find something I like and then you drop this in our laps. Lol. Sure looks alike to me. But would it work for 2006 and up or 2005 and down or both?
$11 freaking dollars !!!!!!! Just showed you how over charged the accessories are.
The one you posted is with a KEY, but you want a POP-UP that is much easier .... No key needed ... Only look at the ones that have the hole-to-hole measurements ...

Sure some minor mortification or rubber O-ring is needed, but the idea is there .....

3 hail marries for Mark

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Reactions: visionjohnny

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yea I just put the pic up to show how it looks the same as our factory ones. There are so many keyless ones for the Yamahas I'm giddy with excitement.
And looking for ones with hole to hole measurment shouldn't matter. If one fits for a certin model then they all should fit

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I saw this on the Victory Facebook page. The only real question is vented cap or non-vented cap. Polaris didn't reinvent the gas cap, its measurements or its function. They just used the standard size used by just about everyone else. Drive belt specs, yea, that's unique to a stock Victory.

It's not a whole lot different than mirrors. A 10mm right hand thread is a 10mm right hand thread with all manufacturers. Handlebars, bearings, brake pads, relays etc etc etc. Many items on our bikes are 'standard' parts wrapped, partnered or positioned in a unique setting.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hear ya but even different year victory items don't work on other year victorys. If there was a specific brand and model of bike that was already known to work on our bikes that would be helpful. I don't have Facebook so I can't search there.
And I checked out bikers for Christ. Looks like a great organization.

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
I saw this on the Victory Facebook page. The only real question is vented cap or non-vented cap. Polaris didn't reinvent the gas cap, its measurements or its function. They just used the standard size used by just about everyone else. Drive belt specs, yea, that's unique to a stock Victory.

It's not a whole lot different than mirrors. A 10mm right hand thread is a 10mm right hand thread with all manufacturers. Handlebars, bearings, brake pads, relays etc etc etc. Many items on our bikes are 'standard' parts wrapped, partnered or positioned in a unique setting.
I have installed on my Jack-Hammer on the moment ...

HD handlebars
HD grips
HD rizers
HD handlebar buttons
HD drivebelt (i took it off)
HD foot-pegs
HD bolt cover set
Honda front fender
A car Oil-Catch-Can with small motorbike filters
Car silicon hoses
HONDA Car OIL FILTER
Chinese LED Victory with logo and 3 year guarantee

Guess in the future many more will follow ....

And i think a HD cheese wedge

Yes i have seen all the mirrors ALL will fit on our bikes ...some Vic products are completely overpriced , my ones were scratched but i just painted them black ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
You don't need a Facebook account to search their site or follow a link onto Facebook. I'm about as anti Facebook as a person can be which is why I have a very narrow view of posts I see. I've never opened let alone accepted a friend request. That little tidbit can keep your Facebook account looking clean and you only see what you want to see. There are a few Victory pages on Facebook with some excellent information on things like fitting a Yamaha gas cap or Victory things for sale or being searched for.

I think the Victory / Yamaha gas cap thing was a few weeks ago on the Victory Motorcycle Owners Group page on Facebook. Far too many posts for me to go back and try to find it or a link for you. But if memory serves it was a few posts in response to a post by Gino Pilolla and one of his beautiful pop up gas caps. Someone then posted a comment about how it's a standard sized item that fits multiple manufacturers bikes and can therefore be had from many, many sources.

Reactions: BP6666VR
1 - 19 of 19 Posts