Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's almost like they put my gas cap on backwards! What's up with THAT!! Seems like it should be hinged from the front!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Lots of threads on this subject. Search the threads and you'll read about what you can and cannot do about it...OR you can get a Ness Gas Cap and be done with it. :)

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Its a federal requirement for your safety, so you can continue to be able to get women pregnant and sing bass. I fuel from the right side.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Huh- whats the problem with the gas cap?

·
Registered
12,247 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
It's almost like they put my gas cap on backwards! What's up with THAT!! Seems like it should be hinged from the front!
What!!!..........................................

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What!!!..........................................
Just seem to me, if it were hinged toward the front of the tank, it would be easier to fill. With the cap in the way, and the way the bars pull back, there is a lot of chit in the way of the nozzle. But I've only fueled it once. First bike I had where the cap didn't come clear off. Just sayin!! seem a little wrong to me.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AND, at this point, if I got a drop of gas on this thing I'm sure to have a mental breakdown! Sorry for the dumb ass post. This is my first real fancy scooter, and I thought somebody else might have run into the same thing. My bad!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
You'll get used to it. Welcome to the forum by the way.
Thanks bro! Good to see that friendly Avatar! Do you guy's ever make it over to the Hell's Canyon rally, in Baker City? Not sure how far that is from you.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Thanks bro! Good to see that friendly Avatar! Do you guy's ever make it over to the Hell's Canyon rally, in Baker City? Not sure how far that is from you.
Baker City is about 4 hours up I-84 from us, but last summer was the first time we were able to enjoy Oregon on our bikes. We chose a figure-8 route on the highways rather than the interstate (which I have driven several times), the crux of which was Bend. Inbound we rode US26 through John Day, then south on US97 before heading west again to visit Crater Lake and eventually reaching US101 and riding north to Lincoln City and then heading inland again. Way home we took US20 out of Bend toward Burns, which I only sort of regret for it being so dull, but we got to ride it awful damn fast. Brothers, OR is sorta creepy at dusk on a Sunday tho

At any rate, Oregon is beautiful and I can't wait to get back there. It was a really great ride.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Tang56...14 posts and we still don't know where you live. How about filling in your profile and signature for us.
As far as that gas cap goes; you'll have to discuss your qualms about it with the NHTSA. I'm sure they will lend a sympathetic ear.
Helpful hints when fueling: Do it from the right side, there's more room to maneuver. Shake out the nozzle prior to starting. When done filling, carefully withdraw the nozzle and as the tip just clears the opening, rotate it 180 degrees so no dripping occurs.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I thought the same thing the first time I fueled it. I just turn the wheel hard left and fuel from right. ( Like all here have said )

BTW. When is the Hells Canyon Rally?

jb

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the tip RICZ, I'll put that to work!
Luciferiad, sounds like a great trip! I'v traveled all those roads on four, and some on two. The Bend/Burns desert is 100 mil a hr road, (till ya hit a cow) Looking for lots of miles and smiles out of my new Vic! If your ever around Pendleton or LaGrande, I'd gladly buy the beverage of your choice!!cheers

·
Registered
12,247 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I thought the same thing the first time I fueled it. I just turn the wheel hard left and fuel from right. ( Like all here have said )

BTW. When is the Hells Canyon Rally?

jb
Its in beautiful Baker City Oregon at the foot of the Strawberry Mts! July 10-14, There are some great rides north thru Hells Canyon! Great time in Gods country! thumb up O.K. ya beat me to it! I'm learning how to type!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
July 10 to 14....here's a link. I picked up the rally program which shows all the tour routes. Gonna do 'em when Baker is quiet and cheaper. Don't care for crowds.
http://www.hellscanyonrally.com/
But it is a GREAT crowd, and Baker City really welcomes the biker community!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts