Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out today that my gas gauge is not working. I also learned that at 230.2 miles my tank will run dry. I used some techron on my Corvette and it fixed the problem. Anyone have a fluid of choice that might correct this issue for me? I assume the float is just gunked up and not being read properly.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would maybe fill the tank with 1.5 gallons with gas and use a strong mix with Sea Foam. Then rock the bike and swish the mix around. Follow up with untreated gas to dilute the Sea Foam to a normal strength and ride the bike.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I never had a gas guage on a bike till my XR and even though it is nice to have I just don't trust it completely. I always go by my tripmeter and when it hits 180 miles I start looking for gas. Not long after 180 miles my gas light starts flashing anyway. Usually takes me about 4 gallons to fill it up at the 180 mark.

·
12,984 Posts
Your float is neoprene so it should float. I wouldn't mess with it till its time for a new fuel filter then look into it. Just use your trip meter instead you'll be better off. Dough very much sea foam will solve the problem

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
You're already doing speaker changes right?
Just go over everything well in there and make sure all the connections are well seated. Might just be something simple that is disconnected.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just go over everything well in there and make sure all the connections are well seated. Might just be something simple that is disconnected.
That's my plan. When I pull fairing just look over everything. The gauge moves but very inconsistently. I've always used my trip mileage for fuel, I think it just more aggravates me. I meticulous about my stuff functioning properly.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
My gas gauge has not read right since day one....at this point I don't even consider it anymore but it is a good spot to velcro the remote for my Drift camera.... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
It will tend to move around some in normal riding. Acceleration and deceleration will cause it to move quite a bit especially when it's starting to get low.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welp, everything is connected. However, the amp install was easy peezy. the 5.25 are loud and clear. Considering jumping up to 6.5's though just because.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
welp, everything is connected. However, the amp install was easy peezy. the 5.25 are loud and clear. Considering jumping up to 6.5's though just because.
Having been riding with the DB522 volume set on 10 I can hear loud and clear at 75mph. No amp. So I guess I'll save money on that for now.
I am also considering 6.5 in fairing though for slightly more bass so might get amp then.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
I found out today that my gas gauge is not working. I also learned that at 230.2 miles my tank will run dry. I used some techron on my Corvette and it fixed the problem. Anyone have a fluid of choice that might correct this issue for me? I assume the float is just gunked up and not being read properly.
Gas gauge??...whats that?
I use odometer and calculator
Varies 12.5 kpl to 19.8 kpl according to throttle , load, conditions .
Light starts to flicker I got around 4 litres
(1USG) to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts