Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm looking to buy a gunner but does it have a gas gauge and how many miles per tank does it get. Just looking for an average. If it has just a fuel light how many miles after the light comes on do you get. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I just bought my 2015 Gunner a few weeks ago. I've ridden a bunch, but not as much as I'd like due to the weather.

As far as the gas light, I rode 130 miles back from the shop I bought her on a full tank, going an average of 80 the whole way. Cost me $11 to fill up at the end of the run.

I base it off of my old bike, where if the light came on, I had roughly 15 miles before being stuck on the side of the road running on fumes.

Hope this helps!

V/R,
Chief

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Every 200 kilometer i take gas and reset the trip meter ... Its good enough for me

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Every 200 kilometer i take gas and reset the trip meter ... Its good enough for me

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Yeam Im pretty much the same with the Vegas, light comes on around then with 4 litres to spare...If I can gun it and light goes out thats cool...when gunning it dont extiguish the light Im down to two litres and start hunting for juice...
XC has a gauge but I still use tripmeter as gauge is innacurate

·
Premium Member
12,976 Posts
It's important to remember Vic's, like newer cars, have the fuel pump in the tank which requires gasoline to keep it cool so with the Gunner and its 4.5g tank; one would not want to go lower than one gallon of fuel left in the tank on a regular basis. Emergencies; okay.

So with that safety margin in mind; 3.5g x 38mpg = 133 miles. I used 38mpg but your bike may get less with your riding style or motor build or it may get more. I figured that was a nice conservative starting point.

I use the trip meter too and when I get to 100 miles I start looking to fill up. I don't normally use my KP on trips though so it's a lot of stops and starts locally. On the open road I might stretch that out to 140-150 depending on my gas mileage. Cold weather would allow for even longer stretches between fill-ups on a trip.

FWIW, YMMV, JMHO.

·
Registered
307 Posts
First and foremost thanks for the reminder. I've run my highball down till the light comes on more than once. No idea how much further it'll go but it usually comes on around 120-130 miles. Buuuutttttt.......is it really mileage if you ride in kliometers? Wouldn't it be kiliometerage..... ;-) LMYR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts