Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues with gas leaking from the over fill tube? Seems to do a consistent drip when it is above the 80's, so when hot out. Doesn't seem to matter if a full tank or half a tank. Maybe my gas cap isn't sealing correctly? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
My Hondas did that, peed out the tube if sitting out full on a hot day, So far just some fumes with Vic.....:)

·
13,231 Posts
gas expands when its in the the hot sun.
If its dripping when you have a half tank something is not right
check your tubes and see if there is something wrong

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Mate that means your overflow line is working same as mine.....

When you fill your tank to the brim then don't park it on its side-stand .... Just ride ...... Or else do not fill it up all the way ??

·
Registered
482 Posts
I always just assumed that since gas likes to fill empt spaces with vapor a certain amount was always going to condense in and then run out the breather line. It's not coming from the overfill line.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand it doing its job when you fill the tank to full but it seems to happen at any level. I will just have to look at the line. It is a consistent drip about one drip every 5-10 sec when hot out. What does the vented and non vented caps do? I did buy a new chrome one a couple years ago but I don't think it coincided with that. I just throwing things out that might make since?

·
Registered
482 Posts
The cap has nothing to do with it. You have a fuel breather line on the inside right of the tank and a water drain line on the left The water drain is exterior of the tank and passes threw the tank and out the bottom. Both lines meet at a y connection near the pivot point of the swing arm. What you are seeing is just fuel vapors that are condensing in the vent line and running out. Its perfectly normal. Just more pronounced when the bike is in the sun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts