Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

Just installed mid size lock and ride windscreen on my 2012 Kingpin. This windscreen is huge. I'm not sure I'm liking it or not. Anyway the cheap side of me wonders if anyone has noticed difference in gas mileage with or without windscreen.

TIA

·
Registered
38 Posts
Your going to loose a little mpg with your huge windsheild but when you see what all it stops from hiting you you will wonder why you did not put it on sooner.It will knock a lot of the wind pressure off of your chest. I think you will like it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I actually picked up 2 to 4 mpg on my 09 Kingpin when I added the Lock and Ride Windshield. I also added the Lower wind deflectors that mount on the down tubes. They helped with the updraft from my legs I felt after adding the windshield. My wife gave me the soft lowers that mount on the Highway bars for the cold weather and they help keep the toes warm below 45 degrees. The weather has been good enough to go for rides all winter, so they all got use this year.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'd think it would get a slight increase in mpg but probably not enough to even calculate accurately. The wind will either deflect off the shield if you have one, or deflect off your body if you don't have one. Bottom line question would be, which one is more aerodynamic?

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Your going to loose a little mpg with your huge windsheild but when you see what all it stops from hiting you you will wonder why you did not put it on sooner.It will knock a lot of the wind pressure off of your chest. I think you will like it.

(When you realize how bad it looks compared to riding 'naked' you'll take it off) :cool:

P.S. Real men enjoy wasps and sparrows hitting their necks at 90mph. thumb up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts