Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Havre a 2009 jackpot w swept stage 1 pipes, s & s air filter, loyds fuel management unit. my low fuel light is coming on at 95-100 miles with about 65 miles being in the city...not stop n go type traffic. That seems waaay to low for mpg? Wherry should I be getting from an average tank

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I Havre a 2009 jackpot w swept stage 1 pipes, s & s air filter, loyds fuel management unit. my low fuel light is coming on at 95-100 miles with about 65 miles being in the city...not stop n go type traffic. That seems waaay to low for mpg? Wherry should I be getting from an average tank
I have a 2010 with swept stage 1 pipes. No s&s or fuel management. My low fuel light comes on around 132 miles with city and highway combo.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ouch, that really is poor. Mine, (07 Jackpot Stage one map, swept pipes, and K&N), comes on between 150 and 160. Get about 180 out of a tank full to empty.

Can you put a full 4 Gal in it when the low light comes on? Maybe it's just coming on too early??? If not, you may want to have it looked at (or back off the throttle just a bit ;) )

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've had this battle myself, as probably most have that use fuel controllers. I normally start getting my fuel light around 125 miles or so with almost all city driving. I've had it drop as low as 110. One aspect of owning a fuel controller is that you're most likely going to richen your air to fuel ratio over the factory settings. The trick is balancing your performance against fuel economy. I'm not personally familiar with the Lloyd's unit, but what seemed to make the most difference on mine in terms of getting better mileage was deferring to the factory settings for idle and 0% throttle settings and being a bit more lean at low rpm and low throttle positions. That still gave me the power I was looking for without paying too big a price on mileage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts