Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Premium Member
Minimum 91 octane with no corn in it.... Who cares what kind of mileage you get? The harder you ride it the worse it gets.... I hope I get the worst mileage ever. 馃槑

Super Moderator
Gas mileage does matter if you're getting terrible mileage that's a sign of a bad tune, bad TPS or something else.

Is the bike factory original or modified?

Premium Member
Gas mileage does matter if you're getting terrible mileage that's a sign of a bad tune, bad TPS or something else.

Is the bike factory original or modified?

what he said!

Super Moderator
My Vegas low to mid 40s.

Registered
Another KP and I consistently get 40-43 mpg(US) on the highway. If it gets much higher than that I could be a bit lean and hotter. Much lower and I'd be losing fuel and performance out the pipe. I recently dropped from 93 down to 91 octane.

Your bike may not be exactly the same though depending on the year and mods. I have an adjustable timing wheel and the O2 sensors have been removed.

Registered
...I average just about 40mpg / 89 octane runs fine in my 04. If it does not ping buying a higher octane fuel is a waste.

Premium Member
I've put on about 1500 miles so far on my 07 Kingpin and average about 40 mpg. Today, bucking a wind I only got 35 mpg. Always 91 plus and as stated before, NO CORN!!! Eats the seals and hoses IMO. Also depends how you drive. If I ride with one friend who is a little more conservative on the throttle I can squeeze around 45 MPG out of it, riding with another friend who likes to get on it pretty heavy, I get about 38. I have more fun with the 38 MPG friend... :)

I remember Kevinx saying 89 was good. The higher the octane the hotter the motor runs. He also said in mountain terrain run 91 octane.

I use my phone to do the math for mileage cause the bike gauge lies to me

1 - 20 of 28 Posts