Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys, I searched the forum for any others who have had this problem and found nothing. The 5" Dia plug in the bottom of the tank uses two o-rings. The ones that were on there did not fit tight enough in the groove to stay in place during re-instillation. The seating surface is inside of a c-bore and the plug has a flange, so there is no way to hold the o-rings in place while loading (like when squeezing piston rings). I purchased new o-rings from the victory dealership and they gave me a different part number than the one online. I do not know if the other part number is any smaller but the old ones were big too. I already damaged one of the new rings by having it pinched (which i could not see till i removed the plug to try again). I am trying to find the next size smaller o-ring on my own but I am having no luck.
part # 5412071
:confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have tracked down an o-ring number.
there is an aerospace spec for o-rings. The floor of the grooves are 4.650 Dia. and the ring I found is 4.609. The link I am including is for the wholesaler. I am purchasing 20 of the gasoling stable o-rings. If anyone wants a few of them, contact me.

-247 is the 4.609 Dia for our bikes

http://www.oringwarehouse.com/files/documents/oring-sizechart.pdf

·
Registered
17 Posts
is there a trick to getting the 4.6" plug out of the tank. i removed the "fastener" that fits on the inside groove. but the big plug seems to be giving me trouble. how to actually remove the plug? pry it out?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I made a slide hammer with a metric screw. if you have a screw that is long enough you can wiggle it out.
By the way: if you need new o-rings, send me you address and i will hook you up. I bought extras. The stock ones are VERY hard to install because they fit too loose.

·
Registered
203 Posts
is there a trick to getting the 4.6" plug out of the tank. i removed the "fastener" that fits on the inside groove. but the big plug seems to be giving me trouble. how to actually remove the plug? pry it out?
This is a tool made for removing the plug. You could probably fabricate one much cheaper. Just put a 8mm bolt and nut through the center and screw it into the plug. Then just tighten the nut and out it comes.

https://polaris.spx.com/Detail.aspx?id=139&cat=4

1 - 10 of 10 Posts