Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I trailered my 2005 tc down here to Missouri after sitting 3 years in South Dakota. I noticed what appears to be my tank liner is shot.... pasty red sludge is all around in the tank. I got the tank off and drained as much out as i could. how should i handle this....i believe the fuel pump is in the tank. the tank needs a thorough cleaning and the liner restored....but i am worried about damaging fuel pump. I did notice a plug with retainer ring on bottom of tank. before i proceed to do anything....need some input.
thanks
ciggie

·
Premium Member
15,083 Posts
Hopefully you can source the gaskets and I would just replace the fuel pump and filter(s). In the the old days we would put the tank on a rotisserie with small rocks in it and let it run for a day or so to clean all the gunk and rust out.

I would pull all the fuel lines and injectors to clean them thoroughly.

You might have better luck finding a good used tank than doing all this work to restore this one. Worth a look to see if any are available and at what price.

You might give these guys a call to see if they have one or know someone who does.

Fuel pump: GENUINE WALBRO Victory Touring Cruiser V92C V92TC Fuel Pump+Reg 02-06 2520733 | eBay

Other parts: Witchdoctors | Indian and Victory Motorcycle Parts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i put a new battery in the bike and it started up and i was able to drive it up on trailer, and when i took it off trailer i drove the bike a few miles....no problem. got it my garage and it was then i noticed the tanker liner eroded away. so i am hoping the fuel pump is ok. im going to remove pump and try to get the tank as clean as i can. any advice on removing pump....pretty straight forward?

·
Premium Member
15,083 Posts
I haven't done a TC but they are fairly straight forward. Just might need a new gasket if it's like the KP, Vegas, etc.

I would think there's some varnish built up in the fuel pump even if it works. This probably isn't a job you want to do twice especially is the gasket is difficult to source (if there is one). I would definitely run some injector cleaner in the gas for 3 tank fulls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts