Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 2005 (the one with the big hole) tank for my severely dented 2009 Hammer S. Spent 2 weeks painting it, then today noticed its totally different underneath. Is this possible to use? thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I would say no right off the bat but there are those with way more knowledge on this subject than I. Good luck.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Do the fuel lines and pump connection plug connect?

If they do and the mounting holes are the same I don't see why it wouldn't. The pump just needs power and the bike fuel. You may need to redo some of the connections if they aren't the same but I'm sure it's possible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It didnt come with any fuel lines or wiring. I will ask the people I bought it from and also see what is under this black grate. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Doubt it..unless you got the fuel pump that fits the big round hole....
The black grate you talk of on yours has the fuel pump on the inside of it.
Must be a real bummer man...always best to check fit of parts prior to painting.
I'm sure most of us that do our own work have been stung by a similar occurance ourselves in the past...rest assured you're not alone.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm sorry I was thinking of it backwards. I thought the top tank is what you were trying to put on.

Without the pump to match that tank I don't believe the pump from your original tank is going to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts