Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having 40k miles on my Vegas, I ran across the first fuel pump to malfunction. The pump did not kick off and it sent fuel gushing out and running down the left side of the bike. I quickly cleaned it up and the paint and chrome are fine, but the swingarm and the flat-black portions of the engine are completely discolored. I'd rather find a way to treat this rather than going through trying to sue the gas station. Any thoughts of what could help besides, painting, replacing or powder coating?

·
13,177 Posts
Gas station would tell you sorry but you were the operator. Besides you should have made a stink when it happened.

VHT makes engine paint but it might not match. Harley used to have engine paint all so.
Stay away from whats called wrinkle black its for old motors like in the sixtys.

As for the swing arm I would look on the net for some kind of aluminum cleaner. What ever you find try on the bottom of the swing arm so if its off know one will see.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gas station would tell you sorry but you were the operator. Besides you should have made a stink when it happened.

VHT makes engine paint but it might not match. Harley used to have engine paint all so.
Stay away from whats called wrinkle black its for old motors like in the sixtys.

As for the swing arm I would look on the net for some kind of aluminum cleaner. What ever you find try on the bottom of the swing arm so if its off know one will see.
Thank you for the info! I'm researching the liability, but for now my detail department spayed a shining agent and it seriously made everything look brand new again. It's been perfect this whole time but will probably wash away when I clean the bike again. But it literally is just a spray-on product that doesn't require masking any other parts of the bike. I'll try to take a pic of the can. I'll be getting some of this stuff for touch ups even if the actual coating is fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts