Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new member here, this is my cross posted first post as I didnt read the stickies properly, still cant revise my signature model but been advised to post here...here goes
Greetings from OZ...I bought a 2010 Victory Vegas 3 weeks ago from Melbourne Australia, and rode it home 2000k's (1200miles)
Thinking thats a good test ride to tell me if I like it or not.
Guess what???...I just LOVE it!!!
its the 100 / 6 speed and its got Freedom Performance swoopy wavy downturn pipes (X-bow?) (swept?) ( leaf-blowers?) heard a few terms for them, they look good sound great....but...Ive just added a pillion seat form "Motoworld of El Cajon" and a set of factory rear pegs and the pipes are now terminating ahead of the rearmost seating position which I think is a no-no, pity really...
but Ive ordered some HardKrome 2 1/2 inch 'American Straights' that finish close to where the back of the pillion seat finishes.
the seat I got from Motoworld fitted good and from all reports so far its comfy enough.
As Im happy with their prices Ive just bought a factory tacho off them.
Im just about to get a set of 'Burleigh Bars" made up , theyre local 10 mins up the road and I know the proprietor well so will get a good deal on his 2" thick chunky bars, similar placing to my stock ones I think.

MY QUESTION.... connecting it..does my wiring loom contain a fitting to tap into for the tacho?
Im just about to get a set of 'Burleigh Bars" made up , theyre local 10 mins up the road and I know the proprietor well so will get a good deal on his 2" thick chunky bars, similar placing to my stock ones I think.
NEXT QUESTION...Where's a good place to carry a spare helmet in case I pick up a girl in my travels, its nice to have a spare lid.
I cant see any provision , helmet hooks, to attach a spare lid??
Bike was a solo when I bought it...

Chris aka Motorbikerx

·
Registered
848 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, and congrats on the new ride.

Not sure about the Tacho wiring, but there are some who are more intimate with your ride than I. As for a spare helmet location, how about something a simple as strap across the rear seat?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hard Krome American Straight Pipes

theyve arrived and a measure and visual shows the rear mounting to be a fair bit more rearward than the plate that comes off my swingarm pivot bolt on the current 'zorst'
Anyone fitted '07 Hammer pipes to a '10 Vegas before?
still grey area on legality, rule makers here getting worse, inflamed by media, and some club vs police violence didnt help at all!

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
new member here, this is my cross posted first post as I didnt read the stickies properly, still cant revise my signature model but been advised to post here...here goes
Greetings from OZ...I bought a 2010 Victory Vegas 3 weeks ago from Melbourne Australia, and rode it home 2000k's (1200miles)
Thinking thats a good test ride to tell me if I like it or not.
Guess what???...I just LOVE it!!!
its the 100 / 6 speed and its got Freedom Performance swoopy wavy downturn pipes (X-bow?) (swept?) ( leaf-blowers?) heard a few terms for them, they look good sound great....but...Ive just added a pillion seat form "Motoworld of El Cajon" and a set of factory rear pegs and the pipes are now terminating ahead of the rearmost seating position which I think is a no-no, pity really...
but Ive ordered some HardKrome 2 1/2 inch 'American Straights' that finish close to where the back of the pillion seat finishes.
the seat I got from Motoworld fitted good and from all reports so far its comfy enough.
As Im happy with their prices Ive just bought a factory tacho off them.

MY QUESTION.... connecting it..does my wiring loom contain a fitting to tap into for the tacho?
NEXT QUESTION...Where's a good place to carry a spare helmet in case I pick up a girl in my travels, its nice to have a spare lid.
I cant see any provision , helmet hooks, to attach a spare lid??
Bike was a solo when I bought it...

Chris aka Motorbikerx

Gonna add my 160,000 kms to my first real post here...why? ..Cos I can?
thats Kate waving outside the Hotel Victory,
she was my brave pillion for the 11 hour day.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
I told Carol, my wife, about your accomplishment and she broke out a candy bar called "100 GRAND" by Nestle and said "let's celebrate Chris' feat and we ate it. Many years back, we stopped beside a road leading to Crater Lake to photograph the 1983 Yamaha Venture's odo that was showing 100,000 miles and she surprised me by breaking out an 100 GRAND bar and we ate it there. I still have the wrapper pinned up in the garage. So, here's to you Chris.

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
I told Carol, my wife, about your accomplishment and she broke out a candy bar called "100 GRAND" by Nestle and said "let's celebrate Chris' feat and we ate it. Many years back, we stopped beside a road leading to Crater Lake to photograph the 1983 Yamaha Venture's odo that was showing 100,000 miles and she surprised me by breaking out an 100 GRAND bar and we ate it there. I still have the wrapper pinned up in the garage. So, here's to you Chris.
Give your loving wife a big kiss from a lonsem Dutch guy stuck in AbuDhabi for the good thoughts to our MbX making the 100.000 mile mark .....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Reactions: RICZ

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Give your loving wife a big kiss from a lonsem Dutch guy stuck in AbuDhabi for the good thoughts to our MbX making the 100.000 mile mark .....
Andre using TaPaTaLk
Mission accomplished. :laugh

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
Reactions: RICZ
1 - 8 of 8 Posts