Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from OZ...I bought a 2010 Victory Vegas 3 weeks ago from Melbourne Australia, and rode it home 2000k's (1200miles)
Thinking thats a good test ride to tell me if I like it or not.
Guess what???...I just LOVE it!!!
its the 100 / 6 speed and its got Freedom Performance swoopy wavy downturn pipes (X-bow?) (swept?) ( leaf-blowers?) heard a few terms for them, they look good sound great....but...Ive just added a pillion seat form "Motoworld of El Cajon" and a set of factory rear pegs and the pipes are now terminating ahead of the rearmost seating position which I think is a no-no, pity really...
but Ive ordered some HardKrome 2 1/2 inch 'American Straights' that finish close to where the back of the pillion seat finishes.
the seat I got from Motoworld fitted good and from all reports so far its comfy enough.
As Im happy with their prices Ive just bought a factory tacho off them.
Im just about to get a set of 'Burleigh Bars" made up , theyre local 10 mins up the road and I know the proprietor well so will get a good deal on his 2" thick chunky bars, similar placing to my stock ones I think.

MY QUESTION.... connecting it..does my wiring loom contain a fitting to tap into for the tacho?
Im just about to get a set of 'Burleigh Bars" made up , theyre local 10 mins up the road and I know the proprietor well so will get a good deal on his 2" thick chunky bars, similar placing to my stock ones I think.
NEXT QUESTION...Where's a good place to carry a spare helmet in case I pick up a girl in my travels, its nice to have a spare lid.
I cant see any provision , helmet hooks, to attach a spare lid??
Bike was a solo when I bought it...

Its late here 3.40am so Im signing out now.
Chris aka Motorbikerx

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Greetings from OZ...I bought a 2010 Victory Vegas 3 weeks ago from Melbourne Australia, and rode it home 2000k's (1200miles)
Thinking thats a good test ride to tell me if I like it or not.
Guess what???...I just LOVE it!!!
its the 100 / 6 speed and its got Freedom Performance swoopy wavy downturn pipes (X-bow?) (swept?) ( leaf-blowers?) heard a few terms for them, they look good sound great....but...Ive just added a pillion seat form "Motoworld of El Cajon" and a set of factory rear pegs and the pipes are now terminating ahead of the rearmost seating position which I think is a no-no, pity really...
but Ive ordered some HardKrome 2 1/2 inch 'American Straights' that finish close to where the back of the pillion seat finishes.
the seat I got from Motoworld fitted good and from all reports so far its comfy enough.
As Im happy with their prices Ive just bought a factory tacho off them.

MY QUESTION.... connecting it..does my wiring loom contain a fitting to tap into for the tacho?
NEXT QUESTION...Where's a good place to carry a spare helmet in case I pick up a girl in my travels, its nice to have a spare lid.
I cant see any provision , helmet hooks, to attach a spare lid??
Bike was a solo when I bought it...

Its late here 3.40am so Im signing out now.
Chris aka Motorbikerx
Congrats on the Vegas and welcome to the forum. cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Weeeeelcome Abbbbboard !!!! cheers

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
You might try posting in the Tech and Performance Section with your questions about wiring. Your model specific section would be a place to ask about a spare skid lid. My own guess is that will be a net bag type solution but folks with your model may have better suggestions.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

thanks for the welcome, when I go to CP theres no 'edit signature' in settings and options, so including my model and year is proving impossible, got work to do now (my straight pipes have arrived and Im half way thru spraypainting a car), Ill have another go when I hear back from you.
hope this is in the right place cos Im new here, Ill move my previous question soon as I get a chance.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all good!

the signature edit was closed till my posting rights came thru.
Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts