Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wrapped up an under drive pulley install along with a speed healer. Rode the than program the speed healer. The issue is the dash dose not show a gear change from 4 to 5 than when shifting into 6 dash only shows 5. On the dash it is as if the pattern goes 1,2,3,4,4,5... any thoughts? I did have a lot off the bike but other than cleaning the only major changes from last year was the pulley, new belt , speed healer, and grease fitting to the pivot for the shock

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just wrapped up an under drive pulley install along with a speed healer. Rode the than program the speed healer. The issue is the dash dose not show a gear change from 4 to 5 than when shifting into 6 dash only shows 5. On the dash it is as if the pattern goes 1,2,3,4,4,5... any thoughts? I did have a lot off the bike but other than cleaning the only major changes from last year was the pulley, new belt , speed healer, and grease fitting to the pivot for the shock

My speedo tuner does the same thing and KMC installed mine and couldn't quite figure out why but he didn't have alot of time to diagnose. Let me know if you find a solution I just never bothered trying to fix it.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
The gear indicator doesn't pick up what gear the bike is in from the transmission. Its actually being calculated by the ECU based on the speed of the bike and the rpm, obviously the calibration is based on the stock gearing.....Adding the under-drive pulley makes the rpm higher vs the speed of the bike, so it makes the gear indicator shows a lower gear.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sorry I have no insight on your problem but I am interested in getting a speed healer. What speed healer did you have?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The gear indicator doesn't pick up what gear the bike is in from the transmission. Its actually being calculated by the ECU based on the speed of the bike and the rpm, obviously the calibration is based on the stock gearing.....Adding the under-drive pulley makes the rpm higher vs the speed of the bike, so it makes the gear indicator shows a lower gear.
Would that not make show it is in 6 when really in 5? And would the healer not correct this? The healer goes in the signal wire before it goes to the ECU. I wished I had noticed if it was doing this before I did the calibration. But I can always install the jumper and see what happens

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Would that not make show it is in 6 when really in 5?
No...the bike is now running at a higher rpm for a given speed, so the indicator is showing a lower gear.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For what the pulley does I can live with it. Going thru parking lots is much easier in first and bagging thru the gears goes pretty quick . Lol. Thanks for all the input guys. For what it is worth this has been the best site I have been part of

·
Registered
427 Posts
For what the pulley does I can live with it. Going thru parking lots is much easier in first and bagging thru the gears goes pretty quick . Lol. Thanks for all the input guys. For what it is worth this has been the best site I have been part of

It's a small price to pay considering the benefits of the UD pulley, after about a week you'll hardly notice. This is the first bike I've had with an indicator out of the 30 odd bikes I've owned so wasn't a big deal for me.

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
I hope you guys can figure it out....maybe the dealer has to reprogram the ECM for the new pulley

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Is the gear indicator also off after the UD pulley? Or is it just that the speedometer is reading +7% after the UD pulley?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did not pay attention to the indicator light till after I did the speed healer.I put them both on at the same time and only noticed it on the run back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts