Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of mt JTD lowers install I needed to move my brake lever and shift lever to the rearmost position. The brake side went smoothly however the shift side is giving me problems. Even after I adjusted the linkage as far as it would go the lever itself was still way too tall. Approximately 5" from the floorboard whereas the manual calls for 3.65". So I tried to adjust it at the tranny by pulling the whole linkage off and moving it a few teeth counter clockwise. This worked as far as shifter height however now it makes a really, really hard "clunk" when I shift into first and it wont even upshift past neutral so obviously I need to return that to its original position......which puts me back to my original problem. The shifter peg is way too high. Am I doing something wrong? I thought I did this per the serrvice manual. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Fyi...I only tested the shifting with the bike parked but running. I never started to move. It's still apart for my lowers wiring install.

Thanks!
Chris

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
You have to cut about 3/8" off each end of the rod, the file down burrs. Leave nut threaded on so you can run it down to check ease of threading.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hmmmmmm....I just adjusted mine the other night, but the other way. I moved mine to the front-most setting. Of course that put the shifter way too low. The linkage wasn't long enough to get the peg to the right height so I adjusted it at the tranny...moved it a couple teeth clockwise. It seems to shift fine...haven't noticed any problems. Am I going to hurt it by doing this? Should I go buy a longer linkage? The manual didn't specify.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have to cut about 3/8" off each end of the rod, the file down burrs. Leave nut threaded on so you can run it down to check ease of threading.
Thanks for the tip. Ill have to give that a try

1 - 5 of 5 Posts