Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock windshield on my 2013 cct. If I sit up straight, I can see over the top (which I like). Slouching puts me at the position of looking through the windshield (which I hate). I have a sheepskin pad that clips on (strap goes under the seat and clips to the pad). It makes it just about right. But not quite. I thought about putting a gel pad underneath the sheepskin pad, or those egg carton foam seat padding things you can buy. Not sure where to get either one of them. Wal-mart? K-Mart? Sears? Thought about a wheel chair pad, and then cutting it to size. Any suggestions would be helpful. Just looking at about adding another inch so I can see over the shield.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
I had your exact problem a couple months ago. So I cut 2" off of my windshield. I covered the whole screen on both sides with painters tape so it wouldn't get scratched while working on it.I then used a protractor to mark the line 2" down. I used a band saw to cut just outside the line. I then used a rough file to shape the edge to my line. Then used a finer file to finish the shape and smooth it out. Then took 500 grit sand paper and polished the edge by hand. It took about an hour and it looks and works great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts