Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any of you tried to put gel pad into heated seat?
im wondering how gel will work with heat and how deep are the heating wires in seat foam....

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Does any of you tried to put gel pad into heated seat?
im wondering how gel will work with heat and how deep are the heating wires in seat foam....
I had my seat customized at one of those places where you take the bike and they shape it to your butt. I had heat put in it and asked about a gel pad. Without taking a breath, he bristled at the idea of a gel pad. I don't remember all his objections, but one was I would sweat on it in summer as it doesn't breathe. I seem to recall something he said about it bringing on fatigue too. :mad:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Did it, love it. Always used gel. Had factory seat re-covered and added gel. Nothing is perfect and long rides will always need breaks on any bike.

and the wife loves the heated seats... even hear in Florida!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did it, love it. Always used gel. Had factory seat re-covered and added gel. Nothing is perfect and long rides will always need breaks on any bike.

and the wife loves the heated seats... even hear in Florida!
so how deep did you cut foam off?

·
Registered
790 Posts
so how deep did you cut foam off?
I already had a low profile heated seat from Vic. The installer only removed enough to fit the gel in, and carved the sides out a little more.

Then I recovered in leather to cut the summer "hot seat" syndrome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts