Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All this talk about engine noises and such finally got me around to digging out the video camera. I thought I'd post a vid of what a first generation Stage 1 sounds like for those who might be interested. It includes Vic's K&N style, oil type air filter, the original Stage 1 exhausts, and a Stage 1 fuel map. The O2s are connected.

The beginning of the vid represents quiet operation at cruising speed, then I run it up to 3-4k rpm going thru a few corners so you can hear what that sounds like. Finally, I just rev it a couple times in neutral in case that is meaningful in some way.

Let me know if it there is too many funny noises, popping, clacking, or anything else, because frankly I don't notice any such things. Then again I generally wear a helmet with music blasting so I may be missing it.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Sounds fine to me but the S1 pipes are noticeably more quiet, especially when you were revving it up in neutral compared to other exhaust. Also more quiet than the WD baffled I put on but you have not popping or cracking which makes sense since you are running a more restrictive straight through baffle. I thought about buying a used set of used S1 pipes but rethinking that now, I think they may be too quiet for me but I would have to hear them in person to really know. I would love to take a quick ride on a X bike with the factory stage 1 pipes because that is the only way to really know if they would be to quiet for my tastes.

·
12,968 Posts
Like I have said before stand on the side of the road and have a Buddy make a few passé's if you want to hear the sound of your bike.

Or hook up a camera good video

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
The only good way to really know what an exhaust sounds like is to hear it in person and hopefully ride the bike to make sure you the sound will not get to you on long hauls. Videos are nice but seem to not do the sound of most exhausts justice.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
That looks like one awesome riding road. Seems it sounds great!

Man I should have got one with reverse. That is cool.
LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts