Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just watching Badlands and this caught my eye. Isn't this a Victory SC or something?

See!! Victory's do last forever! This show depicts an era far into the future after most of us have killed each other off. Almost makes me want to try out a springer on my Kingpin. Almost.

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
A terrible movie called Wolves had the main character on a Victory.

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else notice TV basically sucks right now. Hardly anything worth watching. Good thing for Kodi and being able to watch just about any movie or TV show.

BTW; the new Wonder Woman movie is pretty good IMHO. Can't wait to see them put the Justice League together. :) I didn't like the new Alien movie and haven't bothered with the new Pirates movie yet.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Anyone else notice TV basically sucks right now. Hardly anything worth watching. Good thing for Kodi and being able to watch just about any movie or TV show.

BTW; the new Wonder Woman movie is pretty good IMHO. Can't wait to see them put the Justice League together. :) I didn't like the new Alien movie and haven't bothered with the new Pirates movie yet.
What is Kodi Bbob?

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only the best thing since TV was invented. It's an open source free software you install on just about any platform to watch just about any movie or tv show ever broadcast over the air or via cable or satellite. I have a found a few obscure tv shows that it couldn't find but mostly it finds them.

A person could have just about any reasonably up to date computer hooked up to their tv to download or stream shows. There are even mini computers smaller than than a deck of card you can hook up to the tv to work. You can even download it onto Amazon Prime's Fire Stick that's the size of flash drive. I like using a computer so I can do other things like download pics from my camera or use a keyboard to type this. I also have a sound bar hooked up to the computer rather than the tv. It kinda depends on how you have it all configured and wired in.

I have it on my Win7/Linux dual boot system hooked up to my tv. Works great. Exodus is my favorite addon app to find the shows I want to watch but there are others. There are YouTube videos to walk you through the learning process which is pretty easy once you get a feel for the software if you have just a little bit of nerd in you. :) Check out the two links below to learn more. A simple https://www.startpage.com/ search will net you more than you could possibly want to read about it.

https://www.tvaddons.ag/

https://kodi.tv/download

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Only the best thing since TV was invented. It's an open source free software you install on just about any platform to watch just about any movie or tv show ever broadcast over the air or via cable or satellite. I have a found a few obscure tv shows that it couldn't find but mostly it finds them.

A person could have just about any reasonably up to date computer hooked up to their tv to download or stream shows. There are even mini computers smaller than than a deck of card you can hook up to the tv to work. You can even download it onto Amazon Prime's Fire Stick that's the size of flash drive. I like using a computer so I can do other things like download pics from my camera or use a keyboard to type this. I also have a sound bar hooked up to the computer rather than the tv. It kinda depends on how you have it all configured and wired in.

I have it on my Win7/Linux dual boot system hooked up to my tv. Works great. Exodus is my favorite addon app to find the shows I want to watch but there are others. There are YouTube videos to walk you through the learning process which is pretty easy once you get a feel for the software if you have just a little bit of nerd in you. :) Check out the two links below to learn more. A simple https://www.startpage.com/ search will net you more than you could possibly want to read about it.

Thanks Bbob.

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
De nada. I've talked about it several times here before. It's so nice to not be inundated with all the ads; especially around election times.

I look forward to hearing how you like it and how easy or hard it was for you to figure out.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
De nada. I've talked about it several times here before. It's so nice to not be inundated with all the ads; especially around election times.

I look forward to hearing how you like it and how easy or hard it was for you to figure out.
Was off reading one of the links u posted.
Sounds very promising.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I doubt anyone will respond to this seeing as how the forum is all but dead now but those who like comic book Marvel movies; the new Thor-Hulk movie is coming Nov. 3. Here's the trailer. Lots of CGI and lots of color. A feast for the eyes if you can handle it. :D

Looks like Hulk is a real talker in this one too with a high and tight haircut. Same with Thor.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts

I gave up TV in 1982
Got a screen for watching DVDs, and stuff on YouTube.
But as far as the 'idiot box' goes I just don't tap into it.
I don't think I'm missing anything.

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I gave up TV in 1982
Got a screen for watching DVDs, and stuff on YouTube.
But as far as the 'idiot box' goes I just don't tap into it.
I don't think I'm missing anything.
I'll agree you don't know what you're missing when it comes to movies and some TV. Good TV is getting thinner all the time.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Excelsior Henderson

I believe that bike is actually an "Excelsior Henderson Super X". They were built in the USA, but not for long this last time. I looked it up, from what I found out 1999 was it.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
I'll agree you don't know what you're missing when it comes to movies and some TV. Good TV is getting thinner all the time.
Bonus is I don't get the News either!
No News is good news:smile

Nice lookin bike the Henderson, I'd own one for sure!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Check out the two links below to learn more. A simple https://www.startpage.com/ search will net you more than you could possibly want to read about it.

it's great for people who want to steal everything they watch, especially movies still in the theater, which is piracy. Hopefully more people do it and they just quit making movies all together.

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bonus is I don't get the News either!
No News is good news:smile

Nice lookin bike the Henderson, I'd own one for sure!
I gave up cable/satellite a couple years ago myself. No news other than what I watch off the Internet. I've been toying with getting Netflix but haven't yet.

Look at this 1999 Victory. You can easily see the similarities. Not the same as I can clearly see now; but certainly similar. One wonder who copied who.

it's great for people who want to steal everything they watch, especially movies still in the theater, which is piracy. Hopefully more people do it and they just quit making movies all together.
Yeah, about that, since I made my comment; the powers that be swooped down on the thing that made Kodi so great so it isn't what it used to be. Sure, there will always be ways around it, since that's the way the game is played but for the most part Kodi as it was is gone.

·
Premium Member
13,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone watching the new "Star Trek: Discovery" series and what do you think of it so far?

My .02 cents is it started out kinda iffy and maybe a little ghetto but straightened out after the 2nd episode. I'm liking it quite a bit. It's a shame it's on a premium service channel. Something like this really should be on a broadcast channel so everyone can watch it.

Click on Pic below for more info.

·
Registered
856 Posts
It should be on TV got to watch the first one and thought it would be good then found out you would have to watch the rest online
So that leaves me out rekon I'll just have to wait till it comes out on dvd

1 - 20 of 40 Posts