Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As several of you are aware, I'm in the midst of a several thousand mile, coast-to-coast winter roadtrip that started at 4:00am on Tuesday January 4th...

On Wednesday afternoon, about 225 miles out from Phoenix in 36* temps while I was very comfortably riding along in my Gerbing Jacket liner, Pants liner, G3 gloves and Boot insoles, the ACCESSORY port in the jacket fried and I lost all heat to everything but the jacket liner... I stopped and checked all my plugs & wires, both t-stats, but still nothing. Upon arrival at my brothers house in Carefree, I checked each individual piece of gear to be sure everything worked fine, and even plugged it all into his new jacket liner and that into my bike. Everything worked flawlessly as it should.

This morning I contacted Gerbing and let them know what had happened and also that I had already checked with a local dealer down here to see if they had a liner in my size, but they didn't. The customer service folks at Gerbing asked me to check a couple of things, to which I told them I already had (individual testing of everything), I was then asked for my number and told I would be called back within a couple of hours at the latest while they figured something out since they too were out of stock in my size... About 1 hour later I received a call from Sara @ Gerbing, whom I originally had spoken with, and she said they wanted to replace my $199 jacket liner with the $389 XE Jacket as an even exchange, and that they would be overnighting it to me so as not to create any delays in my roadtrip. Damn, that's serious customer service!!!!

My brother whom is also just getting into the Gerbing clothing has already let his riding buddies know about this, because they too are in the process of narrowing down which brand to buy... Gerbing just won them all based upon the customer care response that I received this morning.

-Tim

·
Registered
57 Posts
:crzy: Holy cow that is good service! Thanks for the heads up. always nice to hear some positive stuff about a company for a change. I will definitely be cruising over to their website to see what they have. Thanks!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Now see...thats what customer service is all about!! THATS old school customer service.

@Gerbing...cheersthumb up

·
Registered
573 Posts
My buddies and I all have Gerbings, jackets, liners, gloves...

Noone has ever had a problem. Great stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts