Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next Sat 23rd, I will be getting the touring cams installed by Kyle and my question is for those that have had this done, does this include getting the bike tuned?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I emailed him 2 weeks ago for a price on this too , no response yet ... I know he has been busy .

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Next Sat 23rd, I will be getting the touring cams installed by Kyle and my question is for those that have had this done, does this include getting the bike tuned?
Cams are $520, + labor... labor is $300 more for the touring cams (carrier swap)... tune is $350.

Bring 2 grand...

·
Registered
68 Posts
I emailed him 2 weeks ago for a price on this too , no response yet ... I know he has been busy .
FYI, I will be riding up to ME for a 1300HRS appointment with Kyle for a PCV and a retune with Kyle. You up for a ride to ME LILMAGS?

I e-mailed him also, about 1 1/2 weeks ago as far as the issue I am having with my bike, and have yet to hear back. He's on the road and it's his busy season. No biggee, he's a busy guy. I'll talk to him in ME.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
FYI, I will be riding up to ME for a 1300HRS appointment with Kyle for a PCV and a retune with Kyle. You up for a ride to ME LILMAGS?

I e-mailed him also, about 1 1/2 weeks ago as far as the issue I am having with my bike, and have yet to hear back. He's on the road and it's his busy season. No biggee, he's a busy guy. I'll talk to him in ME.
Name the date , we go together .thumb up

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cams are $520, + labor... labor is $300 more for the touring cams (carrier swap)... tune is $350.

Bring 2 grand...
I have the cams already, got them for Christmas. I was quoted a price already in Feb or Mar by Kyle I'm not sure if that included a tune? I sent an e-mail and got this response (We will be returning all emails by Friday May 15th. We are currently on the road.)

So $350 is the price of a tune ok.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I got a quote from Kyle late last season for drop-in cams+installation, air filter, timing wheel, PCV+Tune and 1/4 turn ring for about $1800. I already have filter, wheel, and throttle ring, so a couple hundred less for me if I were to do this.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I do not believe that the labor costs for installing cams includes a dyno tune.

As a matter of fact, I'm almost certain.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That's why I asked the question because I don't won't to showup Sat and be told I will need more cash when I have been told since Feb or Mar a price and that's what I'll be bringing!

The price I was quated by Kyle took inconsideration that I have the PCV, TIMIMING WHEEL, A/F installed already.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
That's why I asked the question because I don't won't to showup Sat and be told I will need more cash when I have been told since Feb or Mar a price and that's what I'll be bringing!

The price I was quated by Kyle took inconsideration that I have the PCV, TIMIMING WHEEL, A/F installed already.
You should already have your answer based on the other posts. YOu state that you already have the CAMs so...
If it's around the $350 mark, you have a price for the CAMs and the installation and (likely) a default map for your PC-V. If your price is around the $700 mark then you likely have a Dyno tune included.

The bottom line is that you need to hear it from the horses' mouth so.. why not simply call the guy instead of asking this forum to tell you what we cannot? :crzy:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You should already have your answer based on the other posts. YOu state that you already have the CAMs so...
If it's around the $350 mark, you have a price for the CAMs and the installation and (likely) a default map for your PC-V. If your price is around the $700 mark then you likely have a Dyno tune included.

The bottom line is that you need to hear it from the horses' mouth so.. why not simply call the guy instead of asking this forum to tell you what we cannot? :crzy:
See items 1 & 6. My purpose was to find out from fellow forum members who have attended one of Kyle's cam parties when getting cams installed did it include getting a tune? I wasn't asking the forum to tell me a price I'm sorry if my question was not clear. And I would ask Kyle see #6.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure if you got the answer you wanted but I talked to Kyle today and asked about cams, he quoted a total price that included tuning. I have a time at 0900 Friday morning at Croz's to get'er done.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow!! I haven't heard from him yet in response to my email I sent him. I have an appointment Sat @ 10:00 @ Croz's!! Can't wait I;m having the touring cams installed.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Cam install labor runs $400-500.

Dyno tuning costs $250-350.

Use those numbers and you will have your answer as to whether the costs includes the tune.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Wow!! I haven't heard from him yet in response to my email I sent him. I have an appointment Sat @ 10:00 @ Croz's!! Can't wait I;m having the touring cams installed.
We can now all understand your confusion. Coz's is an "Event" he attends with the trailer. Nobody here (or anywhere else that I am aware of) would refer to that as a "CAM Party". CAM Parties are a different critter. I sent you a PM with more details.

However, he has the skill to install CAMs with or without running a dyno so use this forum's prior guidance if you want to ensure that you have enough cash for what you expect to have done. Either way, Kyle is a great guy and he will give you all the details right up front. Enjoy your new found POWER!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The job is complete now. Added touring cams, Dyno-tuned by Kyle flashed ECM to 6500rpms. See pics for #. PCV, Adv throttle wheel +4 and HI/Flow A/F.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts