Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any Victory riders on this forum near North West Alabama, South central Tenn., or North East Mississippi?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Are there any Victory riders on this forum near North West Alabama, South central Tenn., or North East Mississippi?

I live in Winston County MS. About 120 miles west of Tuscaloosa. Go to Bama Football games pretty regularly. Love ur hndztooth XC!!

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sikvic07, If we have a trip planned that way I'll give you a shout.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I did. Went there Dec 30, 2012 looking to pickup a leftover 2012, they didn't have any, but salesman got me on a 2013 in 30 degrees snow spitting weather and I took her down the road and back. They offered me a $1000 more for my 2009 Ultra Classic than any Harley Dealer in a 120 mile radius and the '13's were already reduced in price by about $3000, so it was really a no brainer, plus I had a slight vibration with my Harley I could not get rid of, new tires, everything balanced, exhaust checked not rubbing frame, I was at the end of my wits and tired of spending money trying to find out what was wrong with it, and Harley evidently didn't really care about repeat customers, so Victory for me (pun intended). My XCT is the best bike I've ever owned, and I have another Harley in the garage(for Sale), plus it came with so much stuff standard that you have to buy extra from Harley, like the trunk is already quick disconnect, passenger floorboards are already adjustable, heated seat and grips(Harley has that if you buy the Limited $28,000,I think not when I get a better bike with more stuff and a hell of a lot easier to work on for $10,000 less) and if I want the "Street Glide" look ( for me its now called the "Cross Country" look), I just spend 15 minutes taking trunk off and putting on short windshield and I'm done, 2 bikes in one and all I have to spend is a few hundred on a different windshield, which I didn't have to do, got a Klock Werks for half price from Shoals Outdoor one day when I was up there ordering some paint, the clear was 50% off but tinted was regular price, so I bought clear to make sure I liked it, can get tinted later and maybe paint the clear like some folks paint the blade windshield or leave it clear. But enough about all that, I could talk about these bikes all day, I like them that much. So, to answer your question, yes I bought it at Shoals Outdoor Sports.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well I knew HD dealers liked to snub other brand riders. Didn't think they would do that to one of their own. Oh well, their loss your gain. If you like riding your bike more than you like tinkering with it I must say you made a wise choice getting the XC. Congrats on breaking away from the pack. ?

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I live in Tuscaloosa and am from Winston County MS originally. Have a Honda Shadow right now and plan on adding a Cross Country to the stable before the year is out.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
122 Posts
I live in Tuscaloosa and am from Winston County MS originally. Have a Honda Shadow right now and plan on adding a Cross Country to the stable before the year is out.

Small world!! Me and the Mrs. Hope to get a piece of dirt over there after we retire and build a cabin. @ least that is the goal. Hoping my kids who are young now will want to attend UofA.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
The harley dealer i had bought 2 bikes from offered me 7k for my Road Glide. Victory gave me 11k and picked up a demo XC for 15k. I live this bike. Just put Bassani exhaust on today, oh my God!!!! I love it!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

You will be glad you did. Just a few thoughts, a lot of people love the CC, but think about this and look at bikes closely, the Cross Country Tour is a Cross Country with a few extras that you can take off or change for very little money and you have a Cross Country.

1-The trunk is already quick disconnect, 10 minutes tops to take it off but you have it available if you want to take a long trip, say a week or so in the mountains, or maybe down to Daytona or Key West,comfortable backrest for the wife without having to buy one for the CC (they're expensive because I want one for when I ride with my trunk off but just haven't made that move yet),the extra storage in the trunk is massive, I end up carrying other peoples stuff because I have so much room(plus the two extra speakers in the trunk).You may think "I'm not going to take long trips" but once you ride this bike, you don't want to get off of it, trust me on that one, you wont get tired, I've done 600 miles in one day and still ready to go further, the other three guys NOT on Victory's said no, enough is enough,LOL.

2- The CC has passenger footpegs, the XCT has adjustable floorboards for your passenger so you can make her as comfortable as she can possibly be. My wife enjoys this feature, sometimes I adjust them for her while we are out riding, just simple allen wrench adjustment (6mm I believe).

3- The windshield! You may possibly change it on either bike. The CC is short, basicaly just a blade, looks cool but doesn't do much for air management, The XCT is tall, too tall for most people's liking but a lot of people love them, some people like to look over, some look through, to each his own. I would bet if a poll was taken, 95% of all CC and XCT owners change out their windshield to something more to their liking. I have just in the last 2 weeks bought me a Klock Werks flip because it was 50% off and I have had one on another bike and liked it quite well.

4-The fairings or what ever they're called on the engine guard in front of your legs on the XCT, more storage plus in the left side you have the Ipod/MP3 hookup plus an extra power outlet. On the CC you have bars. If you want the the CC look, take them off, hide the wires, your done, cost $0. Plus in winter time and during heavy rains they keep quite a bit of cold air and rain off of you. I think on the CC you can add or maybe it comes standard an Ipod/MP3 connection in the right saddlebag, not sure but I've read where others have talked about this.

5-The adjustable shields or blades mounted to the fairing on the XCT, what Ma Vic calls air management. They are nice to block air in winter, direct air to you in summer and adjust to help with the dreaded head buffering you hear so much about from folks riding the CC without them. If you want the slick look take them off, 4 screws, mine are off right now because of the work I just completed with my inner fairing, I'm going to try it without them for a while, but they were sure nice to have during last riding season.

These are just a few selling points that just made sense to me to get the XCT, but then again, I knew I wanted to take long trips, I knew I wanted the trunk, I do love the CC, it is a very cool bike and if I had extra money laying around I would have one of those to so I wouldn't have to change stuff out for different looks, but the cool thing is, is that you can do that in just a matter of minutes, not many other bikes you can make 2 bikes out of one and have two completely different looks, and both look really cool, in my opinion, but you know what they say about opinions.

I didn't mean to write a novel, just like to help people be informed.For the cost difference, XCT seems like a better deal to me, forget the MSRP, my MSRP was $22,000, but I bought my 2013 on the last day of 2012 (yes 2012, '13's just coming out) the dealer offered me mine in the $18,250 to $18,750 range (end of the year, we need to sale something kind of deal) , the CC were around $17,750 or so, but I never even considered one of them because I knew this was what I wanted.
Either one you get you will be very pleased, the very best advise I can give is don't wait, you don't know what your missing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The harley dealer i had bought 2 bikes from offered me 7k for my Road Glide. Victory gave me 11k and picked up a demo XC for 15k. I live this bike. Just put Bassani exhaust on today, oh my God!!!! I love it!!!
I'm sure I know the one your talking about, I tried to deal with them and the one on the interstate just about 30 miles south of them, no luck what so ever. To them, our stuff is junk and they have gold, but sure is funny how our junk turns to gold when you trade with them and they put yours on the floor. They must have a special machine they run them through. Don't get me wrong, I know they have to make money to stay in business, but stealing is not a business.:ltr:
I bet the Bassani's do sound good, I may have to give you a shout if I'm heading that way to try and get an in person look and listen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts