Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*Update* Getting new wheels, have questions.

So I got a deal on ebay for front and rear billet wheels for my 07 Kingpin. I'm also getting new tires (Bridgestone Excedra's) and need it all swapped over. Dealer said I should use new bearings (front & rear) and It would run approximately $322 for parts plus about $300 labor. Does that seem reasonable? I don't have a lift at home but I have a few friends that do. Thinking of just asking for help from one of them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So was looking up wheel bearings tonight and they look like $20-$30 bucks for each set front and rear. Am I missing something? Why so much from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Is that just for the wheel bearings? Or are the tyres included in that price.?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Find a post from BBob and in his signature you'll find a link to the service manuals. Find the one for your bike and see what's involved. Then get a quote from Paulie (Honda East Toledo) for the needed parts.

If you think you can do it you'll save enough money to buy your own lift (and more.)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that just for the wheel bearings? Or are the tyres included in that price.?
I will have the tires, they said I need new bearings and the rest of the stuff can just be swapped from the old wheels (brake rotors, drive pully etc.) I think that included valve stems too but they're not that much either.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
parts price sounds inflated for wheel bearings.
labour, well 3 hours to pull both wheels, swap tyres, pulley, disc rotors and fit bearing before refitting wheels would be about right I guess...though a pro with air tools and a helping hand could possibly do it a lot quicker.
Do it yourself if youre capable and buy a lift and a good set of tools with the price difference.
Use care removing old wheel bearings, though youve bought brand new billet wheels you say?
They dont come with wheel bearings?
Tapping them in just use a socket of the same size as the outer of the bearing and tap in in squarely till it seats, the noise will change when the bearings fully seated.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Why don't you start by inspecting the existing bearings. It's unlikely they need to be replaced. See the attached inspection description from the XC service manual.

Also keep in mind that if the dealer does the work they will do it according to the Vic service manual which calls for things like using new bolts for the rotors, so their parts quote will include more than just the bearings.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well,
I've had it back for awhile now, ended up getting my Factory wheels chromed and the rear sprocket. Got the new Bridgestone Excedra tires on along with a new kickstand puck, EZ clutch cover and new rear brake pads. I really like the way it looks and it handles way better than it did.
I was a little late getting the tire beads so I still have to put that into the tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts