Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the King of over packing and preparation so I am looking for a few recommendations on things to bring on my trip to ride the 3 sisters in the Texas hill country later this week.

Besides the regular out of town stuff I have the following:
Butler Map
Helmets-
Rain Gear
Jacket
Gloves
32 Oz can of True-fuel (emergency fuel)
Tire plug kit.
Co2 canisters and filler
Sunglasses
Sunscreen
Tool kit
Shock pump

....?

·
Registered
51 Posts
one of these:
soaked with water can really help cool the system down.

i also always bring a second pair of gloves.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
Half the clothes, twice the money.

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
So you're going where its hot. Here's what I do: Cycle Gear's Heat-Out top and bottoms; Cycle Gear's cool vest (its the same as the brand names, but about half the $); mesh jacket, with armor, of course. The result is like a 20 degree drop in the temp. The very least I would do is a cool-tie. Harbor Freight has 'em for $4. I buy 'em and give them to friends who are about to faint cuz they don't know how to dress for riding in heat. Oh, and no exposed skin. That'll dry you out real fast and you do not want to have to deal with melanomas later on. Carry water and drink up at every stop. No coffee or sugary drinks and definitely no alcohol, those increase thirst. I place a bladder from a camel back in my tank bag and hydrate while under way. Low fat lunches - have that at dinner. Heat and sun are to be taken very seriously when on a bike. I have witnessed go-downs that were the result of heat stroke.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far they are forcasting highs in the 80s which is gorgeous for Texas. I have a few cool neck gaiters thanks for the reminder

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Sav-Ur-Ride kit, fuses.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Happy ridin' Bigmike thumb up....I'm leaving for 5 day trip around the Adirondacks on Wednesday morning.

Here's what I'm packing
tools: compact metric hex and wrench set , multi-head screw driver, vise grip, head lamp, 12v mini-air pump, shock pump, fuse set, save-ur-ride cable and a tire repair kit.

Gear (I'm expecting wet weather): rain suit, gor-tex boots, waterproof gloves, bubble face shield for my 3/4 helm, heated jacket liner/gloves, sun and clear riding glasses, two additional pairs of gloves and several ear plugs. Also, phone and Sena chargers.

Clothes: leather jacket, mesh jacket, Vic hoodie, Two pairs of cargo pants and one flannel lined pair, 6 pairs of heat-out and UA underwear, 6 pairs of wicking socks, 6 wicking t-shirts, one sweat shirt.

misc: spare bike key, survival knife kit, neck knife, helmet lock, ibuprofen, sunblock and spf lip balm.
**3 Drew Estate ACID Toasts, a cutter and my torch.....

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I learned a few years back the wicking type shirts in a long sleeve version and the drawers that go with them are great. The shirts you can wet and keep you cool. Plus then you dont have to slop sun block on your arms. Having had skin cancer I have to be a bit more careful then some I suppose. But everyone please be aware of the suns effects. When my Doc told me he had to remove some spots on my face and arms because of the C. I asked how in the heck does a guy that worked like 15 years on grave shift get skin cancer?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great information guys, keep 'em comin.

Any other back up clutch cable solutions I can get quicker? SAV-ur-ride is snail mail and there is no way I can get it before Thursday.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
I asked how in the heck does a guy that worked like 15 years on grave shift get skin cancer?
Seriously ?? Ha ha ... Funny post .... Anyway, are you OK now ??

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Seriously ?? Ha ha ... Funny post .... Anyway, are you OK now ??

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum
Yea They froze off some stuff on my face and arms. Has kind of funny looking spots where some were. But I dont think I'm no uglier. lol Just have to be a bit more cautious about sun. As everyone should think about it.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
i like to bring a bottle of decent single malt scotch in case i'm in a backwater where it's hard to get. Like Salt Lake City.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
That's exactly what happened. I have read many articles linking lack of Vitamin C & D to all forms of cancer.
Gotta take the time to see this

https://youtu.be/csbJnBKqwIw

If you know anyone or yourself with Cancer or heath problems like Alzheimer's etc ....

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

1 - 20 of 39 Posts