Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found out as a basic member I cannot reply to certain threads in the cross country forum , anybody else have this problem?I was going to give my 2 cents worth regarding silvt post regarding 2" pullback bars and I couldn't reply.So if silvt happens to read this post just to let you know the victory 2" pullback bars use the stock cables even thou they advertise you need a longer set the stock ones work fine.I set my 2" pullbacks so I get 1" rise and 1" back now no more sore neck and shoulder while I rest against my comfy backrest (my wife) :wink. P.S. I ride with my comfy backrest 99% of the time so this set up works for me.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Have you done the required (two I think?) posts to qualify as a non spammer and post freely including pix?
Thought you were in Oz by your name by the way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info I'll try it now as I have two posts.As for the user name born and raised in Sydney,moved to Canada ,waiting for my wifes immigration papers to be finalized to move back down under.Housing prices have sure skyrocketed in Sydney so have been looking for places up the coast, Taree etc.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Thanks for the info I'll try it now as I have two posts.As for the user name born and raised in Sydney,moved to Canada ,waiting for my wifes immigration papers to be finalized to move back down under.Housing prices have sure skyrocketed in Sydney so have been looking for places up the coast, Taree etc.
Sydneys a rat-race anyway, I got out in '82
My sisters got a nice 100 acre property south west of Taree at Firefly up for sale at the moment

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It is my understanding that the possible need for longer lines depends on the year of the XCT. for 2012 and newer XCT bikes, you do NOT need longer lines/cables. For the 2011 (and older, if they made the XCT prior to 2011), you need to get a longer brake line if you install the +2" pullbacks. I know the first part is true since I've personally installed the +2" pullbacks on two of my 2012 XCT bikes without having to lengthen any lines/cables.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Vinish, good to know as my bike is a 2013 so I am not sure about the earlier years. Motorbikerx I googled the town of firefly nice area just out of forster, when we fly down there we are going to take a drive up the coast and check out the small towns,

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi Vinish, good to know as my bike is a 2013 so I am not sure about the earlier years. Motorbikerx I googled the town of firefly nice area just out of forster, when we fly down there we are going to take a drive up the coast and check out the small towns,

Sydney now regularly lists in the top 10 most expensive cities to live in the world. And still, house prices rose by 15% last year. So we are probably in the top 5 now I think along with London , NY Tokyo, Oslo ...

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
I installed the HMD520 Gorilla Bagger Bars and all I had to do is cut the cable tie where the clutch cable passed through so that I could give it a minimal amount of slack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts