Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is going to draw a lot of laughs, vulgar comments, or what...

If I have the autotuner on my PC V, theoretically, could I prop the back tire off the ground a little and run through the gears and RPMs to tune the map?

Or would that not make a difference because the bike isn't factoring in its weight as it accelerates...

or would my bike overheat since there's no wind to cool the oil...

or was this the stupidest thing you've heard in a while?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Not sure if this is going to draw a lot of laughs, vulgar comments, or what...

If I have the autotuner on my PC V, theoretically, could I prop the back tire off the ground a little and run through the gears and RPMs to tune the map?

Or would that not make a difference because the bike isn't factoring in its weight as it accelerates...

or would my bike overheat since there's no wind to cool the oil...

or was this the stupidest thing you've heard in a while?
If you have autotune, you can just ride the bike and it will tune itself as you go. You just need to provide the a/f ratios you want it to regulate to. According to one of our "in the know" members, setting them all to 13.7 is an okay place to start.

And yes, if you ever have the opportunity to get a dyno by someone without one or more fans blowing on the bike, get the hell out of there ASAP!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It won't be accurate since there's no load on the engine, dynos provide resistance for this. It's also very dangerous.

I wouldn't even try it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if the dyno had any type of resistance or not.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have autotune, you can just ride the bike and it will tune itself as you go. You just need to provide the a/f ratios you want it to regulate to. According to one of our "in the know" members, setting them all to 13.7 is an okay place to start.

And yes, if you ever have the opportunity to get a dyno by someone without one or more fans blowing on the bike, get the hell out of there ASAP!
I was thinking the RPMs in some of the throttle positions would be hard to tune in regular riding conditions. I was thinking if I could tune them in the unlikely event I ever meet those conditions, it would be good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts