Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my XC with 6k miles on it in May 2014...I'm now approaching 34k miles and it needs some love. I bought a Touch-Up Direct Platinum paint kit and I'm going to work....
The original owner dinged the right bag in two spots and did some gobbed on touch up repair. I color matched chin fairings in 2014 but the clear I used sucked, it did not match or protect the paint, plus something took a gouge out behind the brake res. On a trip to Lake George, NY the right side panel came loose and got caught in the the belt. That took a chunk out and caused scratches/gouges all over the panel. Sand some how got between the seat and foot of the gas tank and its scratched to hell in there(not visible...but I know its there) and there is a small chip on the tip of the front fender.
Here's are the "before" pics.
-beat up chin

-clearcoat mismatch

-bad bag repair

-damaged rt. side panel(the cut out is staying but I'm removing the stickers, repairing the gouges and making it nice, nice ;) )

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm hoping you will consider putting the after pics (before too if you want) in my Paint Project thread for everyone to post their paint projects. :)
"After" pics are going up as soon as its done ;)
Sorry, that paint projects thread of yours slipped my mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts