Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello this is my 1st ever post of anything to do with anything if ya catch my drift. New to the site and being a member of this club of victory riders is useful and exciting!!! I did run into my 1st problem, and here it is... After staring the bike just for a quick warm-up of the engine " ive been on my hooneymoon and havent driven for 1 month" i noticed smoke coming out by the rear cylinder were the exhaust meets??? Also saw some white residue??? Do have a warranty still on it but just dont want to chance even driving it 20miles to the nearest dealer. HELP:confused: 2008 Vegas 8-ball 2213mi

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Hello this is my 1st ever post of anything to do with anything if ya catch my drift. New to the site and being a member of this club of victory riders is useful and exciting!!! I did run into my 1st problem, and here it is... After staring the bike just for a quick warm-up of the engine " ive been on my hooneymoon and havent driven for 1 month" i noticed smoke coming out by the rear cylinder were the exhaust meets??? Also saw some white residue??? Do have a warranty still on it but just dont want to chance even driving it 20miles to the nearest dealer. HELP:confused: 2008 Vegas 8-ball 2213mi
I haven't looked, but my guess is that there are a couple of bolts that hold the exhaust to the cylinder head. You might want to check that they are tight.

Once upon a long time ago, I had a Suzuki VX800 and it had exhaust fasteners that came loose on. It had a metal gasket that rattled around and the racket got louder and faster when I revved the engine. I thought the valves were coming apart. I actually had a friend with a pickup come and pick me up and take it to the shop. The mechanic figured it out in about 8 seconds. I was a little embarrassed to say the least.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tightened them and it still left me with a bit of smoke, we will see about the residue i wiped them down. Not sure if it will collect again. So if not the exhaust do i have to be worried about something major being wrong, seeing as its coming from the cylinder??? Not sure if its an issue of not riding it??? Guess i should just take it to Victory and have them deal with it, seeing as im an idiot about mechanics!!? Thanks for feedback

1 - 3 of 3 Posts